Team, I love you but what are you doing?

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Team, I love you but what are you doing?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Wants and Fears are miserable unmodded, you can’t turn them off, and now this?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-autonomously-do-mean-interactions-for-no-reas...

You’re about to have a lot of free players come in and they’re going to bounce right back out! 

I was assuming “free to play” was an attempt to sell more DLC. Having saturated the existing player base with DLC, you need to bring in fresh players to sell more awesome DLC. Was I wrong? 

🤦‍♀️

if you’re about to announce the Sims 5, free users are NOT going to buy it on the basis of the previous version of the game being a buggy and miserable mess!

Message 1 of 17 (966 Views)

Re: Team, I love you but what are you doing?

★★★★ Guide

My game is now unplayable again due to everysim being randomly insulting (including NPCs) to each other...

Message 2 of 17 (906 Views)

Rif.: Team, I love you but what are you doing?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@xochiquetzl_xkvnYou're so right about this. The mean interactions bug skyrocketed after the new patch. I had to equip the new Loyal trait on my sims to be able to play normally again.

Message 3 of 17 (896 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I made a new save with a new sim who had the loyal trait and the same thing happened...

Message 4 of 17 (885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@JaffaYoginiYou're on console right? I think the bug on console is even worse Frown

Message 5 of 17 (883 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yep, xbox one Frown really struggling in reality right now and sims 4 was my escape...espesh the long evenings and nights when I cant sleep or stay focused on watching something...sound like such a child, I am 32 and genuinely upset lolz

Message 6 of 17 (876 Views)

Champion
@xochiquetzl_xkvn I was on that thread for ages because meanness has been a problem in my game on Console for quite a while.
This morning my inbox was absolutely rammed with alerts as I subscribed to replies as we do. I thought what on earth is happening. Tonight I had another Inbox full of email alerts for the meanness thread. I hope at least now they will look at fixing the whole issue now, but my goodness what a mess.
My game however, that I've not been able to play since HSY patch (and struggled to play before) all I needed to do was patch and download the free Desert Luxe kit. It took me about 90 minutes over 2 days. I was tearing my hair out. I had to ask a kind EA rep for help to do something so simple... I've played for about 22 years and I couldn't get the simplest task to work! I had a missing kit, a missing gallery (because you have to buy the kit through the gallery as it's not on the home page), it kept telling me it had to restart for SDX, the screen froze up and at this point my cat looked appalled by the swearing and I had to apologise to him lol.
So I absolutely agree, I love them too but something has to change. I've been sat playing ACNH on my switch with no bother, no bugs (sure, only one expansion pack) but I'm really pining for my Sims.
If you take a look at Digital Spy they have an article about the possible direction of Sims 5 and they are usually pretty clued up. I'm not too keen on the prospect if they are correct. But it's following a trend I guess. I think we'll hear more in the next few weeks.
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 7 of 17 (853 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've not seen that article, Ill have a read shortly...Me too, been playing since the OG sims lol 

Message 8 of 17 (785 Views)

Champion
@JaffaYogini I know what you mean. I disappear into my Sims game usually and it distracts me from a chronic pain condition. But I also found that at the start of the year when I couldn't play, I went back to some classic platform games, I highly recommend that if you can while we're in Sims limbo. Or Sim-bo, I think we're all in that right now!
There's also Sims Freeplay which is okay too on mobile devices.
Hopefully the game will be playable soon.
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 9 of 17 (770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes! The whole Wants & Fears system needs a revamp. Here is a summary of feedback from the forums: (https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/1001795/wants-fears-discussion-thread/p1)

wantsandfears

Message 10 of 17 (720 Views)