Teach toddlers/kids to howl issue

by khitteh

Original Post

Teach toddlers/kids to howl issue

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, everything.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step 1 - make werewolf couple Step 2 - have a bunch of kids, raise them to toddler (they all show Dormant Werewolf trait) Step 3 - teach one how to howl - that one now doesn't have Dormant Werewolf trait but can now howl Step 4 - try to teach any others to howl - option never appears
What happens when the bug occurs? Option to teach your werewolf toddlers how to howl does not appear after you have taught one of them to howl.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to see option to teach all the kids how to howl, they all show Dormant Werewolf trait. Character can teach them all to talk, that option always appears.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Werewolf patch adding werewolves to game.

Option to teach werewolf toddlers and kids to howl doesn't appear after teaching one of them to howl.

No idea if this is a bug or intended, but doesn't seem like something intended.

Message 1 of 17 (1,445 Views)

Re: Teach toddlers/kids to howl issue

Hero
@khitteh To be sure, all of them are werewolves and you had the option on all of them before you taught one of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (1,392 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@khittehTo be sure, all of them are werewolves and you had the option on all of them before you taught one of them ?

They were born from two werewolf parents, all have the Dormant Werewolf trait, but I have no idea if the option came up on all of them. I just found the option "teach to howl" while talking to one of the toddlers then used it.

After that, the Dormant Werewolf trait left that toddler but now that toddler can howl (has a werewolf option on their personal menu that lets that kid howl when they want) and gets a special moodlet when they moonbathe "as a wolf". And never saw the option to teach how to howl again on the others.

None of the other toddlers ever get the option coming up to teach them how to howl when the parents talk to them, sometimes I see an option to talk to them about being a werewolf and that's it.

Message 3 of 17 (1,367 Views)

Hero
@khitteh I just tested this but didn't check on trait but I was able to teach both toddlers the howl fine. Option didn't disappear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (1,362 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@khittehI just tested this but didn't check on trait but I was able to teach both toddlers the howl fine. Option didn't disappear.

Then my game is bugged.

Message 5 of 17 (1,352 Views)

Hero
@khitteh Guess we'll see if someone else has this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (1,346 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I was able to age a baby up and immediately teach it to howl, just now.

But the other kids cannot be taught to howl.

Seems to be something that vanishes after a kid has been a kid for a while? Either that or the other kids are duds, one sec I will kill them all off and try again with new children.

Message 7 of 17 (1,317 Views)

Hero
@khitteh /only in the Sims are you allowed to say stuff like that :P

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (1,309 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@khitteh/only in the Sims are you allowed to say stuff like that :P

Hey now this is troubleshooting Party hat

Message 9 of 17 (1,306 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yeah some of them (born to two werewolf parents) are coming out duds.

I am unable to teach some of the toddlers to howl.

So far when a baby makes that squeaking sound as well as a cry it seems to be a working one.

The others aren't coming out as proper wolves that can be taught to howl, even though they have the Dormant Werewolf trait. It's hit and miss if one is a fail baby or not.

Message 10 of 17 (1,291 Views)