Re: Teach toddlers/kids to howl issue

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@khitteh There is a chance that they aren't werewolves, it says that somewhere but I don't know about the trait and who would have that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 17 (545 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@khittehThere is a chance that they aren't werewolves, it says that somewhere but I don't know about the trait and who would have that.

The good kids come out without the Dormant Werewolf trait (seen when they get to toddler stage), and make a squeaking puppy sound on top of the usual baby cry sounds as babies.

The duds have the Dormant Werewolf trait as toddlers, and make the usual baby cry sounds.

Puzzle solved! Kind of.

Still weird they come out as fails when born to two werewolf parents though.

Message 12 of 17 (540 Views)

Champion

I think that's intentional? "Dormant werewolf" means they're not a wolf but could still pass it to their children...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 13 of 17 (515 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@PipMenace wrote:

I think that's intentional? "Dormant werewolf" means they're not a wolf but could still pass it to their children...

The weird thing is (and be aware I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not seeing as werewolves only just came out and google was turning up zero info on werewolf children and chances of making a non-werewolf child or on teaching howl to kids not working), the first litter Large smile of kids this werewolf couple produced - 5 out of the 6 kids were Dormant Werewolves and could not be taught to howl.

So if this isn't a bug, then the chance to produce werewolf children from two werewolf parents seems unusually low.

Message 14 of 17 (513 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@khitteh It's def possible for two werewolves to have a non-werewolf child. I think you can get this info by talking about MWM to other Sims.

I don't know how high the chances are but I'm going to move this thread to General Discussion as feedback that chances are not well balanced.

Personally I had 3 children so far and they were all werewolves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 17 (492 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@khittehIt's def possible for two werewolves to have a non-werewolf child. I think you can get this info by talking about MWM to other Sims.

I don't know how high the chances are but I'm going to move this thread to General Discussion as feedback that chances are not well balanced.

You were lucky to get three in a row, because it seems a bit low if I could get five in a row not being werewolves.

Maybe it's 50-50 and we both got lucky/unlucky first time around.

But yes this is definitely now feedback about the chances being a little off. Or something going wrong.

Message 16 of 17 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@khitteh wrote:

@crinrict wrote:
@khittehIt's def possible for two werewolves to have a non-werewolf child. I think you can get this info by talking about MWM to other Sims.

You were lucky to get three in a row, because it seems a bit low if I could get five in a row not being werewolves.

Maybe it's 50-50 and we both got lucky/unlucky first time around.

But yes this is definitely now feedback about the chances being a little off. Or something going wrong.

If youre sim have a dorment trait, you can still trasform them in werewolf, if you want to know how, i write under spoiler.

Spoiler
whit a sim have the dorment werevolwes trait, you must to go to swim in the half moon lake in Moonwood Mill, during a full moon night, after that, your sim become a werewolf, but your sim must be at least a teenager, with child this method doesn't work.

Message 17 of 17 (424 Views)