Re: Teach about issue

by aodoherty

Original Post

Teach about issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

8.jpg

Hello, I was so pleased to have this feature while working at Education career but it doesn't seem to work properly.  when her parent sim is teaching about Gardening, it works and I can see the skill bar is showing above her head but it takes10-15 mins last long in sim time, and then, his daughter keep chatting with her daddy sim and, there's still teaching about circle icon on her daddy. Teaching process is still going on but she is not listening and the skill bar goes away. Is that normal? Not sure it's a bug or not.  I'd like to hear other simmers' experiences. Thanks. Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (470 Views)

Champion

@aodoherty, there is not a Bug Report on this yet.  It could be a bug that multiple people can have in the game, or it could be a glitch in your specific household, lot , Sim, or that Save Game file, or it could be a Mods/CC conflict if you use Mods or CC.  

In order to help figure out which one this might be, we have to rule out any outdated/broken Mods or Custom Content.  Are you using any?Wondering

In order to help figure out if this is a glitch that is only in your game, do you have any other Educators that you can test this on, either in a different household in the same Save Game File, or in another Save Game File?Wondering
Also, if you travel with the Sim you are having a problem with to another location like a park, gym, or museum, and then travel back home with them, does the problem still occur?Wondering If it still occurs you can also check to see if the problem is corrected by moving them out of that house and either moving them back in, or else moving them to another house (don't save after doing this if you want them to still live in the original house, unless this fixes the problem!)  I understand moving a household is tedious because if you want to keep all their furniture you would have to make sure it is in their family inventory, and then you will have to place it back piece by piece Disappointed , but sometimes either moving out and then moving back in, or moving to a new house can reset some glitches! 

Please update us on your situation! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (424 Views)

★★ Pro
@PugLove888 Sure I use some mods but my sims already quit the work because their 2 daily tasks takes way much long time to finish. They are also doing their homework for university, there's no time to do the both. So ..that's why they quit the work and got the actor career instead. Frown At least, they don't have to go to work everyday unless they get a gig. I have another sim is working for Judge, not a professor.. But I noticed they still have the teaching about interaction after quitting their professor career. I will test them more in detail this evening. Thanks. Standard smile
Message 3 of 5 (399 Views)

Champion

@aodoherty, I'm sorry you had to have them quit!  But just like in real life, going to school full time while working full time is extremely difficult! Disappointed
But thank you for updating us! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (382 Views)

★★ Pro

Finally! I tested this issue without mods yesterday. So I want to mention that the sims won't look good as they lost all cc hairs and clothes.

11.jpg

Now my sim in necklace started to teach about Charisma.

5.jpg

Looks it works at the moment.

14.jpg

He is leveling up but cannot see the light green progress though. 

12.jpg

And the skill bar has gone in the middle of lecture.

13.jpg

Teaching progress is still going on but the skill bar above sim's head has gone.

16.jpg

Now he starts random conversations.

18.jpg

For the professor sim, teaching progress is still going on but the student sim doesn't pay attention to it.

19.jpg

And the student sim keeps chatting without paying attention to the lecture.

15.jpg

A couple of hours later, the skill bar is still the same.

And the lecture never ends. I had to stop the lesson.

I thought it could be the club gathering was on, so I ended the club gathering and tested one more time but I got the same result.

So my point is that I actually don't know the feature,'teach about' interaction. Even I don't know this is supposed to be like this or it has to be leveled up and sim will end the lecture when the circle progress is done. That's why I wanted to hear other simmers' teaching experience. Standard smile 

I don't think it's a mod issue because I only use a few no autonomous simple mods. I don't use any big sized script mods like MCC or slice of life? I couldn't test this one with other premade sims because they have to be working as the professor.  Is there any other simmers tried to teach about to other sim? Thanks.

Message 5 of 5 (310 Views)