Re: Taking Holiday from work for University?

by Schwarzbart00

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Taking Holiday from work for University?

★ Guide

I remember that I could take holiday from work in the past that I can go to University class but right now I can't find where I could do so, maybe because my Scientist only work Monday to Friday and it is Saturday right now. 

Message 1 of 12 (2,136 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Schwarzbart00,

To take a vacation day off work, your Sim just needs to pull up the Household section on their mobile phone and select the Take a Vacation Day option. You'll only see this option available on working days, so it won't appear for you during your weekend. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (2,115 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Schwarzbart00,

To take a vacation day off work, your Sim just needs to pull up the Household section on their mobile phone and select the Take a Vacation Day option. You'll only see this option available on working days, so it won't appear for you during your weekend. 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 12 (2,116 Views)

★ Guide

thx so it is as suspected. It would be still good to be able to take holiday for multiple days in one go like when you go to a vacation. 

Message 3 of 12 (2,112 Views)

Community Manager

@Schwarzbart00 

If you have Outdoor Retreat, you should also see an option in the mobile phone to Take a Vacation under the Travel tab. This allows you to set up vacation time for multiple days without having to call into work each day. 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 12 (2,106 Views)

★ Guide

sadly "Take a Vacation" under Travel is grey out when enrolled in a university curse.

Message 5 of 12 (2,095 Views)

Community Manager

@Schwarzbart00 

Unfortunately it would be fairly detrimental to your Sims grades to take a vacation in the middle of a course, so your Sim would need to wait until the end of the current term in order to take a vacation. But once the term is up, that option will be available again Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 12 (2,091 Views)

★ Guide

but the University is exact the reason I need for extended time holidays from work ^^.

Message 7 of 12 (2,087 Views)

Community Manager

@Schwarzbart00 

Gotchya! That Take a Vacation feature has your Sim travel to a separate destination so that wouldn't be beneficial for your Sim if you're looking to take time off work to focus on school. Instead, you'll want to use the option to call into work using your vacation time off work, which you would have to do each day. 

It can be a bit tedious to call in every day, so I'll definitely send your feedback up about a feature for being able to take multiple days off at once. 

solaire.png

Message 8 of 12 (2,080 Views)

★ Guide

thanks! Sadly it is a must because the worktime Mo-Fr 10 AM -7 PM only would allow the first class time slot 8:00 - 9:25 (or what it is) . Also I don't want to quit the job now because I'm hoping that during this 2 week I manage to unlock Career Hoper.

Message 9 of 12 (2,069 Views)

Champion
@Schwarzbart00 You can actually do this by being a bit cheeky and going to work late/leaving early. I managed to achieve it with an athlete Sim who was also at Uni. Once she was at work I selected "Work Hard" to try and make up for being late or leaving early.
It also helps a lot if you purchase the "Professional Slacker" reward trait which I think costs around 4000 reward points (could be wrong on price, rubbish memory!). With the professional slacker trait you can get away with anything. I have a scientist Sim who literally just visits Sixam and rarely completes work tasks, but she was already at the top of the career anyway.
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 10 of 12 (1,943 Views)