Re: Take family photo

by SheriGR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Take family photo

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi I may need help. So on sims day tomorrow is sunday and I was planning to take the family to photo studio. I played before generation of this family before. I was wondering is there whole family in the picture, because last time I have to asked one of the family member to take photo. I want the whole family in the picture. Is there a mod as well for this? 

Message 1 of 3 (4,786 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mohammadali118 A bit more information, depending on your photo expectations...

I have not played the Moschino photographer career, though I have a Sim with max 'photography' skill. I've used her before to test things from that pack and with cameras & photos. I tried many different experiments with her just now, with and without the 'marks' (that you can direct the Sims to stand on), and the bottom line seems that with that pack you can find ways to get one to three sims to pose for a portrait. With the photo-booth (which I think is base-game) you can get up to two Sims to pose.

Otherwise you can get one Sim to pose for the camera (or do a selfie with one Sim and your Sim on the cell phone), or you can do group shots more casually staged just directing a Sim in the household to take the photo. If you have control of all of the Sims that will be in the photo you can at least control where they are standing/sitting, etc. - after a fashion. It's quite like trying to photograph a group of toddlers that do many unexpected and random things. If your expectations are not rigid you should be able to get something decent, especially if there are only 3 Sims in each photo.

Hopefully someone who has photographed more than me in the game may add some more photo tips and advice. Good luck! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (4,689 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mohammadali118 Not sure about a Mod, but if you have a different Sim who's a great photographer (or you could cheat this Sim's photo skills up), you could move them into the household temporarily so you can control the photographer Sim to have them take the photo?

Message 2 of 3 (4,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mohammadali118 A bit more information, depending on your photo expectations...

I have not played the Moschino photographer career, though I have a Sim with max 'photography' skill. I've used her before to test things from that pack and with cameras & photos. I tried many different experiments with her just now, with and without the 'marks' (that you can direct the Sims to stand on), and the bottom line seems that with that pack you can find ways to get one to three sims to pose for a portrait. With the photo-booth (which I think is base-game) you can get up to two Sims to pose.

Otherwise you can get one Sim to pose for the camera (or do a selfie with one Sim and your Sim on the cell phone), or you can do group shots more casually staged just directing a Sim in the household to take the photo. If you have control of all of the Sims that will be in the photo you can at least control where they are standing/sitting, etc. - after a fashion. It's quite like trying to photograph a group of toddlers that do many unexpected and random things. If your expectations are not rigid you should be able to get something decent, especially if there are only 3 Sims in each photo.

Hopefully someone who has photographed more than me in the game may add some more photo tips and advice. Good luck! 

Message 3 of 3 (4,690 Views)