Re: TS4 just made me cry from frustration, sadness, and anger

by Rae_Regenbogen

Original Post

TS4 just made me cry

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hello. I play on PS4, and there are so many bugs and crashes in my game that it is basically unplayable in any household. Today my game has crashed FOUR TIMES, and I’ve encountered several bugs that ruin gameplay. 
I have spent more money on this game than I spent on my console. I’m honestly embarrassed that I recently paid for Eco Lifestyle when there are so many bugs remaining from other packs. I keep thinking that EA will address the problems we have on consoles, but I guess they aren’t going to? Do I really have to stop playing a franchise I’ve played for two decades? Why is more DLC released before bugs from other content have been addressed? Why is a pack released without proper testing? Do I really have to stop playing this game and buying the DLC?

I literally just cried. I CRIED, EA!!! I am so frustrated and angry about how PC issues are fixed asap, but there are still problems from before Island Living that cause game-play issues on console. I spend so much time reporting bugs, but they are rarely fixed or even addressed by the EA team.
PLEASE START FIXING OUR ISSUES. PLEASE. 
PLEASE.

Why do we have to literally BEG for your company to address our issues? Do you really care this little about your console customers?
I just don’t understand how EA thinks this is good business.

Message 1 of 22 (906 Views)

★ Guide

I have a thread about this here. Maybe if enough people mark it with 'me too'....

Message 2 of 22 (889 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I’m sure they know about these problems and how we feel. I often see complaints about this topic. I checked the “me too” button on your post, but I have the feeling the team just doesn’t care about the issues because we are idiots who keep buying the DLC before they’ve fixed past bugs? I love (lovED) this franchise so much, and I keep hoping they’ll put out some big patch that fixes most of the problems I have with gameplay. Instead, it seems like they fix issues that PC customers report and go ahead with releasing new content before they address console problems (if they ever address our issues at all). I’m sure we have bugs and problems that PC doesn’t have, but I think EA only fixes bugs that are also reported for PC? I don’t know if that’s totally true, but I don’t know that I’ve ever seen an only console bug fixed before.

I also think it takes a lot more work for console players to report their problems here because we have to go to another system to report bugs and technical issues instead of just opening a new window. I have to type bug report info out on my phone — which is daunting — so I’m sure console problems are also VERY under reported. It took me at least a year reading this forum before I even took the time to create an account and even longer before I made my first bug report. Now, since they rarely fix or address bugs/problems I have, I rarely play. It also feels like it doesn’t matter if I report a bug, so doing the work for them (when it should have already been tested thoroughly before release) and sending them info just to be ignored is extremely frustrating and makes me want to just stop reporting anything. It honestly feels like I’m playing in beta.
I’ve said at least three times that I’m not buying new content, but I still buy it. So I guess I’m the dumb. IDK. I don’t know why I even play a game that makes me cry. Video games should be fun, not stressful.

Message 3 of 22 (877 Views)

★★★ Pro

I feel your pain I own all dlc on PS4 except eco and I can't play it due to constant crashing in the end I just deleted it off my system.

Message 4 of 22 (779 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I’m sorry you had to delete it. I’m might try to play today, but I really don’t want to cry again. Lol?

Message 5 of 22 (757 Views)

★★★ Pro

Had no choice it was either that or throw my console out the window and trust me I was tempted it's weird though I have 45 PS4 games and it's it's only the Sims 4 that crashes so disappointing.

Message 6 of 22 (736 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeah, THANKFULLY I don’t have this issue with any of my other games. I just tried playing and my game has crashed twice in a little over an hour. I guess I give up for now.

I guess I should be spending my money on other titles.

Message 7 of 22 (716 Views)

★ Expert
@Rae_Regenbogen I just want to tell you that expecting a working product from a company, and purchasing products (with that expectation, and laws which govern companies put out working products) is not stupid. You are not dumb. You are a reasonable customer, who has put their money into a product which is advertised as working.

Again, it is no fault of yours, nor are you dumb Standard smile
Message 8 of 22 (666 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yeah, I partly agree with what you are saying, and I would probably say the same to someone else. However, it IS foolish that I have spent at least $600 on this one game when I KNOW the problems I have with it are rarely fixed. I just keep buying the content instead of throwing in the towel and accepting that EA and the sims team won’t put out a product that works as advertised. So, that IS kind of dumb. It honestly feels worse than just a waste of money at this point since I know that, far from making the game more fun, new content actually adds even more bugs to gameplay. IDK. I can’t even play now since it crashes so often. I’m just very disappointed in EA, and I’m disappointed in myself for continuing to expect a quality product from a company that dgaf.

Message 9 of 22 (625 Views)

Re: TS4 just made me cry

★★★★ Guide
Message 10 of 22 (604 Views)