Re: Paranormal Stuff, bug or feature?

by Sid1701d9

Original Post

TS4 - Para Stuff - Specters always angry, terrified sims refuse to do their jobs

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

My sim has max medium skill and is a paranormal investigator living in a haunted house. Specters always angry even after spending 24 sim hours performing the ceremony every time the cool down expired. Even the beginner level investigations the sim gets terrified and stays that way refusing to do their job despite sacred candles, hiding under covers, and taking panicked poops. If it's a bug, I will eagerly await a fix. If it's a feature, I am so disappointed and angry to have wasted my money because it's unplayable as is. I wanted this pack. I voted for this pack. Anyone else experiencing this? Tips? Suggestions? 

(CM: Edited to update thread title) 

Message 1 of 6 (1,449 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Jayrae316 I haven't played it yet because I haven't bought the game, as of yet, because my sims are on vacation I tend to wait until they go home to buy some packs just in case there is some corruption in transferring my sims back home. Anyways look around the house for strange things that don't belong, this angers the spirits. It was mentioned on live stream.
Message 2 of 6 (1,434 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately, no. All of the creepy things get removed from home lot immediately. Makes no difference, specters still angry. On the job, the problem is being terrified constantly which makes the sim unable to remove the creepy things or approach the specters.

Message 3 of 6 (1,418 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Jayrae316 

Have you tried the new seance table to calm the spirits in your house?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (1,410 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen Yes. For 24 sim hours every time the cool down expired with no positive result. I'm going to start a new save file and see if the same thing happens.
Message 5 of 6 (1,344 Views)

Re: TS4 - Para Stuff - Specters always angry, terrified sims refuse to do their

★ Guide

Here's some tips for the gigs:

1. Gifting specters gives ridiculous amount of exp when succesful, and it can be done while "terrified", so when you get terrified just go around gifting specters.

2. You can gift specters spoiled food and they will accept it around 30% of the time , so if you prepare a few group meals and pick up each serving individually you can have plenty of chances for gifting.(I hate this, too easy)

3. Talking to a "Hello Dahlia" doll you randomly receive for reward from any of the dificulty level gigs will lower your fear, so place it away from the lot and go there to get rid of the spooks

4. You can do ceremonies multiple times on active gigs, and they can be done while "terrified"

5. If you're on heroic mode, most of the time specters are angry, but it doesn't have any negative effects other than they can start a few fires.

Message 6 of 6 (1,236 Views)