TS4. Most cheats are not working.

by malarka555

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Acctually ONLY motherlode is, but money [] is not... This is also about skills, promotes, needs. Also, when i hold shift and click on sim nothing happens. Please help, I can't play without my beloved cheats :'(

Edit: SOLVED! THANK YOU FOR HELP  Wink Large smile

Message 1 of 7 (526 Views)

Re: TS4. Most cheats are not working.

Hero

@malarka555 

Do you have testingcheats on?  You can tell quickly by shift+left click on a sim and see if you have any of the debug menu options.

To turn it on type "testingcheats on" in the command window.  "testingcheats off" to turn it off.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 7 (492 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I know about that. I've been using the same cheats for 5 years now... It just suddenly stopped working, I'm shure I am typing it in correctly. I even fixed game at origin - didn't help. I'm like really worried, I hate playing without cheats, it takes away all fun. What if it's TS4 who removed all cheats? I think it happened after recent update, but I'm not shure. I just turned on my game one day and cheats didn't work... I can't find any info about it. It's so weird.

Message 3 of 7 (461 Views)

★ Guide
@malarka555 Try to use cheats in livemode Standard smile
Message 4 of 7 (431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there even an option to not use them in live mode? Like, I can't have pause now or something..? I never used cheats that were ment to affect sims in building mode for sure. By the way, building cheats like bb. are working of course. I'm just talking about skills, aspirations, needs, promotes, demotes, vampire rank, turn into PlantSim etc. And I'm sure I'm doing everything right - I was "chating" a lot since I got ts4.
I don't know anymore... I need to switch to ts3, becouse I just can't play without cheats...

Message 5 of 7 (404 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@malarka555 

How irritating right!  The bb's are working, What about testingcheats false and then close.Have your sims do something random. Open the cheat again regular way. Then instead copy and paste it to the open cheat and see if that might work.  sims.give_satisfaction_points 20000

or any cheat you know that should work. How about that shift + click the mailbox reset. 

Message 6 of 7 (375 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, but I've tried that before. Luckily, my problem got solved! - it was all an update's fault! Today I opened freshly updated game, and everything worked perfectly! ;D I am really suprised I couldn't find much complaiments about that within ts4 community (I found one, but that was from a new player... He had the same problem as me tho). 

Message 7 of 7 (334 Views)