Re: TS4 Ladders not functional

by JuniYooni

Original Post

TS4 Ladders not functional

★★ Novice

The ladders that came in with TS4 Eco Lifestyle and the Base game are not working, they're not functional. I click climb up or click the location I want my sim to go my sim can't get there. Can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 18 (6,856 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kaleah67 I have not played with the EcoLifestyle one yet, but I have tested the base game one and it worked for me in my game. Can you please try again making sure that the whole area around the base and the top of the latter is free of obstacles first also? Can you include a screenshot of the area at the base and at the top of the ladder, please? Do you have Mods or CC?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 18 (6,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I also have this problem when trying to use the ladder but I don't have the eco-living expansion pack. When I try to use it says that she can't get there as if something were to be blocking her path which is not the case for me since I've tried it in a empty room.

Message 3 of 18 (6,785 Views)

Champion

@JuniYooni Please try the ladder in a different location with no obstacles also. Can you share a screenshot?

Please also run a game repair:

• Open Origin
  • click ‘Game Library’
  • right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game
  • Make sure to let it run until it’s completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Message 4 of 18 (6,781 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I try to repair the game it doesn't let me click repair. Here are some screenshots.

Message 5 of 18 (6,748 Views)

Champion

@JuniYooni I had my ladder against the wall. I just tried it away from the wall. In both cases the sim exits the ladder from the side. Is the area clear on both sides of the exit of the ladder (the next floor up)?

Do you have Mods/CC? If you do (or if you used to have them in your game)...

Please try the following in this order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any of your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and do not enter your previous game-save but begin a new game. See if the issue is present in this new game-save.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old Resource.cfg file from the old Mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method. Let me know if you need directions on this.

Message 6 of 18 (6,724 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you very much! The ladders now work for me! I really do appreciate the help!

Message 7 of 18 (6,636 Views)

★★ Guide

I also don't own the eco-living expansion, and despite having multiple CC they worked fine. If someone else is expenriencing this issue, make sure the ladder leads to an "open space", that means it should be available clear space (without objects or walls) next to the ladder. If you'rehaving issues try making a test and put the ladder right in the center of the room you're trying to access, and see if your sim has no issues climbing

Message 8 of 18 (6,628 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@JuniYooni I'm so happy to hear it's working for you!

If you troubleshoot your Mods/CC and find out which one(s) was(were) causing the issue it would help others if you were to post the name(s) of the Mod/CC(s) here for their reference.

Message 9 of 18 (6,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@SheriGRHello. I have been troubleshooting this issue for a while.
It seems some LittleMsSam's mods are causing ladders not to work. Just update these mods and delete the localthumbcache, it should work.

Message 10 of 18 (6,565 Views)