TS 4 for Consoles & Jasmine Holiday?

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

TS 4 for Consoles & Jasmine Holiday?

Champion

When The Sims 4 came out for Consoles, it was after the last time Jasmine Holliday appeared in the PC version, so she of course wasn't in the console versions at that time.  Well, now that she has appeared in the PC version again (in order to give us either extra XP or to slow down our motive decay), I wondered if she has shown up in the console version? Wondering

(I have a relative TS4 on the Xbox, but she is really busy with school right now and hasn't been able to play).  Frown

Thanks in advance! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 6 (1,196 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: TS 4 for Consoles & Jasmine Holiday?

★★ Pro

It sounds as though the Jasmine Events won't be making it over to the console version of the game. At least not at the same time as the PC/Mac version. As Sims 4 is being ported over by a different company other than EA.

As it was explained to me, EA doesn't have easy access to the console version of the game. In other words, they don't have an easy way to patch the events into the game, so PS4/Xbox won't have the events at the same time as PC/Mac. Unless EA works out something with the company that's doing the port over to console.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,459 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Doesn't take long to test. If she is there then when the Sims starts she will be introduced on the start screen. Notice that it is one week only so we are running out of time to test. Have you checked if there is a mention of her in the consoles section?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (1,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jpkarlsen, it might not take much time to test this, but for people who might not have will power to only test something on the Sims and then get back to school work, this wouldn't be an option for now; nor would it be a option for teens who live under their parents rules. Disappointed  I just thought it would be quicker to ask here, especially since some console players were concerned about it before Jasmine Holiday showed up again.  Wink

But thanks for replying! Angel  No I totally forgot about there being a console section here! Oops I think my search option was for all of EA Answers, but I should have posted this question in the console section! Embarrassed

Edited to correct my lousy spelling and grammar! Large smile

Message 3 of 6 (1,168 Views)

★★ Pro

It sounds as though the Jasmine Events won't be making it over to the console version of the game. At least not at the same time as the PC/Mac version. As Sims 4 is being ported over by a different company other than EA.

As it was explained to me, EA doesn't have easy access to the console version of the game. In other words, they don't have an easy way to patch the events into the game, so PS4/Xbox won't have the events at the same time as PC/Mac. Unless EA works out something with the company that's doing the port over to console.

Message 4 of 6 (1,460 Views)

Champion

@172e3cda00349872, thanks for the explanation! Angel It makes sense that they wouldn't be able to do that.  It is just a shame since many people have asked about it. Frown I was hoping for their sake that they would also get the event challenges!  

Thanks again, and Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 5 of 6 (1,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I think it's unfortunate that console players don't get the same in-game events, even if it's later than pc/mac players. They deserve to have some fun too.

To add to that, it even says this fact in the FAQs about the Console version. Frown

Question: What plans do you have for social events like in-game challenges, and boost weeks?
Answer: These will not be supported on console at this time.
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/console/faq#q25

I'm not really sure who players could go to (maybe SimGuruDuke) to have him look into getting in-game events on console. If there's enough player desire for it, he may be able to make it happen. I don't know. It really depends on all the mechanics behind it.

Message 6 of 6 (1,093 Views)