Re: Sweet Treat Showdown discourages me from playing.

by Charissard

Original Post

Sweet Treat Showdown discourages me from playing.

★ Apprentice

Do something with this Sweet Treat Showdown. It starts to irritate and discourages the game. I have won only twice since the update. The way of playing was the same as before but I can see that you are turning up more and more to lose. I no longer cared about these stairs and stopped enjoying the floors. I will not buy a gold card because I bought it once and it turned out to be unprofitable. I am less and less surprised that others are changing to have infinite cash. This game has stopped enjoying me and I'm thinking about stopping.

Message 1 of 16 (1,214 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The old style events are not better.

Re-playing the hot tub event made me realize how frustrating these type of events were.

I am speaking about not being able to choose the prizes and getting duplicates over duplicates.

The best events were the old ones where we could pick up the prizes.

And for me at least, STSs are better than old style events like the one of last week.

With STSs I am always able to get the grand prize, without spending simcash or real money. Just spending some simoleons and cupcakes.

But yes, playing them is boring because it's the same event since almost one year. 

Message 2 of 16 (1,183 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@kg122cin3h6t And then you just have all this unusable stuff in inventory that you can't even sell. This game is too expensive. Unless you pay and pay and pay with real money you won't get anywhere. I am tired of these small games that think it's okay to ask almost the same money for a cartoon dress in a game as a real dress would cost. It's insane. I think I am going back to my Sims 4 - at least you get something for your money there - you can buy a whole game expansion for the prize of a bedroom suite in Sims mobile.....
Message 3 of 16 (1,174 Views)

★ Apprentice
@kg122cin3h6t In this way I am using Simoleony which I wanted to economize on interesting objects. At STS never not not I will save up for other things. I never have Cupcakes in excess. At every duel I have a pressure, it isn't a pleasant game. In the The game Freeplay Sims, are able to do interesting quest which they enable pleasure. For me STS is tightening. Really I slowly have enough.
Message 4 of 16 (1,129 Views)

★★★★ Guide

For STS I normally use 3×6 = 18 cupkaes. If I am particularly unlucky I use 24. Normally between one STS and the other I am able to get the cupcakes back. 

I am able not to go down of simoleons. But my sims are working during the showdowns so I do spend simoleons. I don't know how many.

Between one STS and the other I save around 100k - 200k simoleons. It depends on the time between them and on the level of my sims.

In this moment I have 735.000 simoleons. I am saving up to 900,000 to buy the house on the beach and still have some money to change it.

I think I am gonna make it in a couple of weeks.

Message 5 of 16 (1,098 Views)

★ Apprentice
@kg122cin3h6t You will admit, that it much cupkaes. My 4 Sim they are working all the time, I am doing 2 - 3 Lamazoom, per day having appropriate traits. I must give what I will save up on STS. in order to lengthen the odds. Yet I already know that it won't be had a chance of getting a main award what the meaning of the edition is losing Simoleons which I could give to my cells. Such a game is losing the meaning. There are similar opinions on the FB group of players to my but I am pleased that at least you are satisfied, I am not sharing this satisfaction. I won't be pretending that something is all right, if this way isn't.
Message 6 of 16 (1,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@kg122cin3h6t wrote:

With STSs I am always able to get the grand prize, without spending simcash or real money. Just spending some simoleons and cupcakes.

How?!!

When I don't use simcash (which is most of the time, cause iPoor), I don't even come close to getting the grand prize. Even when I use a lots of simoleons. (Rarely use cupcakes, as they are hard to come by for me)

This is one of the things that discourages me when it comes to STS, aside from the repetitiveness.

For me, it's been impossible to even get near the grand prize without spending quite a bit of simcash.

But maybe I'm just awful at it..

(Wouldn't say the old events were better necessarily though. Cause of the duplicates thing, mainly.)

@Vingedheart wrote:
 I think I am going back to my Sims 4 - at least you get something for your money there - you can buy a whole game expansion for the prize of a bedroom suite in Sims mobile.....

This!

I totally get asking for real money for some things. But they're asking quite a lot, for quite little.

Like, the sweet treat pro ticket would cost me more money than an accessory/stuff pack for the sims 4. 

And the Moschino pack in mobile costs more than twice as much as the Moschino pack for TS4 (which I believe even has more stuff in it).

Message 7 of 16 (1,060 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@renateczka wrote:
@kg122cin3h6tYou will admit, that it much cupkaes. My 4 Sim they are working all the time, I am doing 2 - 3 Lamazoom, per day having appropriate traits. I must give what I will save up on STS. in order to lengthen the odds. Yet I already know that it won't be had a chance of getting a main award what the meaning of the edition is losing Simoleons which I could give to my cells. Such a game is losing the meaning. There are similar opinions on the FB group of players to my but I am pleased that at least you are satisfied, I am not sharing this satisfaction. I won't be pretending that something is all right, if this way isn't.

I am not satisfied. The main defect that I find in STS is that it's boring. Same event, same actions, same theme since almost one year (it was July 2019 if I am not wrong).

Message 8 of 16 (1,053 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Charissard wrote:

@kg122cin3h6t wrote:

How?!!

When I don't use simcash (which is most of the time, cause iPoor), I don't even come close to getting the grand prize. Even when I use a lots of simoleons. (Rarely use cupcakes, as they are hard to come by for me)

I don't know. 

From my side the question is the opposite: I don't get why some players are never able to win the grand prize. Not even for a STS every now and then, when they like the prize a lot.

My strategy is this:

For 7 round challenges:

1st round: no sugarcube

2nd round: four sugar cubes

3rd round: six sugar cubes

For round 4, 5 and 6 I use 8 sugar cubes

I quit after level 6

For 9 or 10 round challenges:

1st round: no sugarcube

2nd round: no sugar cube if the starting percentage is 90%, otherwise two sugarcubes

3nd round: four sugar cubes

4rd round: six sugar cubes

For round 5, 6 and 7 I use 8 sugar cubes

I quit after level 7

The sugar cubes are 30 and with my strategy you would need 34 or 36. In fact I replace the sugar cubes with ads or simoleons, depending how lucky I am. Sometimes you get enough ads to increase the percentage. Sometimes I need to add simoleons.

Sometimes I fail: normally at round 1 with 85%, at round 2 with 89% or at rould 3 with 91-93%. But in general I play safe.

I use the cupcakes only for the challenges 9 or 10 rounds long and absolutely in combination with simoleons.

I use the cupcakes to buy extra sugar: 6 cupcakes for 12 extra sugar. In that challenge, I use simoleons to buy extra percentage every time that I find this possibility.

In this way I arrive to the maximum round and I make the best use of the cupcakes and simoleons. Because the royal tokens increase exponentially at every round. 

Normally I get the grand prize a couple of days before that the event expires.

I hope it can help.

Message 9 of 16 (1,047 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Just throwing out my 2 cents about the Sweet Treat Shakedowns.  

It’s no secret that I absolutely DETEST them & have been very vocal about HATING them since day one.

IMHO they are Repetitive, Boring, Stressful, Excessively Time-Consuming, Resource-Depleting and Far Too Expensive. 

If/when I do play an STS it’s only half-heartedly & with complete dread.  Not my idea of game fun imo

My FAVORITE Sims Events were the FIRST Halloween, WinterFest, & ASOS.  It showed your progress in a Timeline & you knew what rewards you were working towards & the prizes were great plus ALL Color Swatches were included.  

I wish I had a screenshot of the way those events were played to show the newer players how it was set up before all the greed kicked in.  

Message 10 of 16 (1,000 Views)