Sweet Treat Showdown Event

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Re: Sweet Treat Showdown Event FAQ

★★★ Apprentice

Worst event ever! Such a money grab and not fair. 60 cookies for 12hrs work and 30 cookies for 6hrs that’s not even enough to open 1 box. 425 cookies to open 1 box is ridiculously expensive not to mention the royal treat one. I loved that yall took away the duplicates but it’s 10X harder to get the prizes we want. We got nothing that dispenses cookies, nothing from doing Llama zooms either. I loved the concept of the event but it’s impossible and expensive, unfortunately many veteran players like myself won’t have half of these prizes and that’s such a shame. Another thing is getting colors as prizes it’s ridiculous,I worked so hard to get enough cookies only to end up with a fricking color it’s frustrating. 

Message 31 of 104 (2,030 Views)

Re: Sweet Treat Showdown Event

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I’m actually quite intrigued with this event because it isn’t like other boring events that are mostly recycled and brought back. It gives a lot of great prizes and I like that there won’t be any duplicates.

However, I loathe the Sweet Treat Challenge. Imagine getting 100-200+ Sweet Treat Tokens and a couple of Royal Treat Tokens only to lose after few rounds of the challenge and is given less than 100 Sweet Treat Tokens and zero Royal Treat Token as compensation? Imagine spending ridiculous amount of coins and cash onto the challenge? The whole percentage meter is throwing me off and I don’t understand how a 90%+ make you lose the challenge. The challenge is basically based on luck and that is pissing me off.

The three other activities aren’t good either. 30 Sweet Treat Tokens for a 6-hour activity? And one Royal Treat Token for a 12-hour one? It is impossible to get 22,100 Sweet Treat Tokens and 240 Royal Treat Tokens in two weeks and able to unlock the grand prizes. What the hell are yall thinking?! Also, I hate that you have to unlock the item’s colours. EVERY FREAKING COLOUR! 

I don’t see ONE player is happy with this event. I think there will be no one who is able to collect enough tokens and get all the prizes, except the ones who use 💩load of actual money. It disgusting how this event is milking so much money out of players. I’m truly very disappointed and upset!

Message 32 of 104 (2,018 Views)

★★ Pro

This is the most stupid event ever.

Message 33 of 104 (2,002 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My SIM got stuck with The showdown Challenge. It gave ALL options like on normal task (Works etc), but baking option didn't work. I had to retire My SIM to get him out.

Message 34 of 104 (1,990 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

First, I would like to say the animations are cute, the set is beautiful and the event is fun, but the gameplay sucks. 

1. 30 cookies for 6 hours & 60 cookies for 12 hour events. Even Maxis gave us enough to complete and win actual prizes. 

2. This color deal I wouldn't mind so much if we could focus on winning the actual prizes and just buy the colors instead Standard smile 

3. Losing the sweet treat showdown above 90% is ridiculous.  

4. 8 hour cool down after Showdown is a little excessive, at 4 hours would be better.

5. Like previous events we should have an earning cookies object as well. Free and paid. 

6. 76 boxes to open for grand prizes? At the rate I'm going I know I'm not going to be able to get it like I was able too in the past :/ based on how little cookies we get right now.

Edit: 7. I forgot add we should be able to earn sugar cubes as well through time like our energy in the game. 

I think that's all I got for now. 

Message 35 of 104 (1,981 Views)

★★ Guide
@simmerdownMAL I agree with everything you said and props for a very constructive feedback, something I could not do due the upset it caused me.

I have only been playing for 11months but have supported the game by buying packs and sim cash in the store. In fact I bought sim cash just for this event. But I just cannot justify spending 100+ sim cash to complete a level when you’re on 90+%.

There has to be a balance. I am willing to pay but I don’t want to be taken advantage of.
Message 36 of 104 (1,980 Views)

★★ Pro

I do not get it why we can not earn tokens from the lama quest of emily?

I do not get it why we can not get one of the megaprices for a special number of earned tickets/tokens...

Like it was in several events before... 

More rewards of tokens and a safe stop at one of the megaprices with for exampke 15 oder 20 boxes each would be great....

Just add tuckets or other stuff into the boxes in a fair balance....

And that you loose the baking battle when you have like over 90 % is big nonsense...

There is so much what is wrong.....

And yes the animations and the items are pretty cute..but that will not help players if if is managed like that... 

You can not enjoy the game...it destroys the whole fun.....

And why does ea not put more simcash and  jewels into those events instead of 300 ugly colours....i also do pay for simcash..but there is a limit i would not go over and i feel ripped of..and in fact that is the situation now...

This fire place and hair is much more expensive then a  golden whirpool...looool...

Think about it...

This event is the most expensive i have ever seen on the sims...seriously..that is not normal buying and selling...it is rip off... 

Please change that!

Have a nice day again....

Message 37 of 104 (1,951 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not only am I drained from this event, I am drained of voicing my opinion... For which I have already done quite a bit of on Twitter 😂 I definitely feel as though I can agree with everyones else's opinion on here! @simmerdownMAL  pretty much nailed what my thoughts are a 100%, and I feel as if she speaks for all or most of all of us on this one! The only other thing I would add is that the graphics seem to be more pixelated, but I know that doesn't haven't much to do with this event 😅 Also I am bad at navigating this site, so sorry if I posted this on the wrong spot 😁

Message 38 of 104 (1,933 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Impossible event.  I ALWAYS get the final quest prizes and I'm absolutely devasted I will not get these prizes.  Even if I spend $$$'s I doubt I could achieve.

AGAIN... a ZERO is missing on the earned cookies or crowns.  

I have stayed and hoped our new creators would figure out how to make things better.  Please make this up to us.

Message 39 of 104 (1,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

We need more rewards from events, this mean we should get more cookies, and more royal tokens. (One is not enough when completing a long-time event)

Less waiting time between every challenge.

Success probability is so low, I failed a preparation at 94% this is totally unacceptable.

The event is aesthetically beautiful and engaging but unfortunately unplayable.

Message 40 of 104 (1,907 Views)