Sweet Treat Showdown Event

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Re: Sweet Treat Showdown Event FAQ

★★ Guide

I am extremely disappointed with this event. I’ve spent sim cash to rush the event and failed at 85% upon reaching level 6 only to fail again the next level at 94% WHY? That’s 70 sim cash, thousands of simoleons and 6 cup cakes down the drain. NOT GOOD!👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼

Message 10 of 104 (2,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I wasted all the cupcakes reserves obtained by viewing advertisement, I ran out of them in three days. Three days. (and I talk about cupcakes set aside very patiently for 5/6 long months!!!)

THANK you very much EA. Really.

Great job to reward your regular players.

Message 11 of 104 (1,993 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I agree with what you all said. This event is not funny.

Too small rewards for special events.

No cookies when completing llama zoom. Sims mobile team, decide: or you make llama zooms useful or you just remove them!

Impossible to finish the cake design events without spending your reserves or real money. I am personally always stopping after round 5 (when I am able to reach it).

Impossible to open 52 + 24 boxes and get the first prize. Which contained the only good prize: the hairstyles.

Definitely one of the worst events. I would personally have preferred to have duplicates, but to have the hairstyles inserted among the possible prizes.

Message 12 of 104 (1,944 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@GracieSeven  Yikes! Failed at 94%? That's not right. I failed several times at 80+ % already. Had to quit & just get consolation Frown

Message 13 of 104 (1,950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I just started playing. 

Disappointments:

No sugarbowl to generate sugar cubes

llama zoom does not give sugar cubes

Your Sim is in Sweet Treat activity and only gets 60 sugar cubes for a 12h activity and 30 sugar cubes for a 6h activity. Seriously! SMH!

It is harder to get sugar cubes and really hard to get crowns.

May be difficult because EA will run this showdown multiply times and if you win everything now, you will not have anything to play for the next time, and the next time, and the next time, and the....(you get the picture).

With that assumption, I am not using any of my cash(LOL, I do not have any) or cupcakes to increase my percentage to win the challenge.

Trying really hard to figure out how to get to level 7 only using sugar cubes and simoleons.

I guess that is the challenge.

Message 14 of 104 (1,916 Views)

★★★ Guide

@MithHouse 

That is what I thought as well. 30 sugar cubes for a 6h activity.

60 sugar cubes for a 12hr activity

Is it suppose to be 300 and 600?

To open a box is 425 sugar cubes.

Is the zero missing, @SimGuruMaaikem?

Message 15 of 104 (1,884 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Other bug: when I finish the 12h activity I get the option of watching an ad to double up the crown: the ad always interrupts immediately and I can't get the reward. Thumbs down

Message 16 of 104 (1,878 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think this event is a terrible quest.

1. Using Sweet Treat Tokens to redeem that reward You set to use 425 Token, but in the normal mission will receive only 30 Token. It is not balanced.

2. You "forced" everyone to bake a cake, get a Token But the percentage of success is not clear even though 99% of baked cakes still burn
* You should write a note confirming that 94% of baking cakes will be successful. Players will not lose their cache.

3. Everything you define, you use too much "cache" and "cache"

4. Make quests too complicated and open the box to receive items but get the color. I think you set the system to accept normal items including normal colors first. It's not a random percentage that gets good stuff. In the first place.

Finally, I want to say that I am a paid player for this game ($ 200) because I like The Sims. But I felt that this event was terrible. Many of my friends stopped playing this activity on the way.

I played every game about The Sims as a player since The Sims2 / The Sims Social / The Sims4. I love this game. I don't want it to disappear. Just because you made this event the beginning of a bad feeling

Message 18 of 104 (1,804 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Just for clarification, this event feedback thread will be read by Firemonkeys Studios devs and/or folks who can review it and implement changes in future TSM events if the studio wants?

Sometimes forum threads are created to just provide a centralized space for people to vent. I don’t want to provide a lengthy post and direct people here from Reddit if it’s not a space that is read by people who can enact change. I say this because I’ve seen so few FM gurus use the site.

Message 19 of 104 (1,790 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Just failed 7 part showdown around part 3. My sim was at 90%! Still failed Frown

Message 20 of 104 (1,765 Views)