Re: Sweet Treat Showdown Event FAQ

by Granofsam

Original Post

Re: Sweet Treat Showdown Event

★★★ Guide

@SimGuruMaaike thank you for the event changes, these make it definitely easier to finish the challenge and win the great prize

I have a critique for some of the prizes though:

Frist, while choosing to include new objects into the game please consider, that it's a mobile game that you play on your phone with a relatively small screen. One of the rewards, the garden scissors, you can barely see, because it's so tiny and flat, it kind of looks like paper. So as a reward with different colors it's rather disappointing.

Second, the flower wagon is very similar to the one we got in a previous event. So please select more diverse items for reward.

(see screenshot) 

Message 91 of 104 (1,925 Views)

Sweet Treat Showdown not giving rewards

★★★★ Novice

When I complete the Sweet Treat Showdown challenges, they only give me my rewards about a quarter of the time. This is not me just failing in the challenge, I'm completing the challenge but just not receiving the rewards. 

I was having this issue during the previous Sweet Treat Showdown but less frequently and only when I completed the challenges to the very end, but in the previous one I was 6 items away from getting the grand prize–so close that I would have gotten the prize if not for the glitch! This is really disappointing since I really really want the grand prize and all the cool garden supplies but I'm not going to get many if this glitch continues. Frown

I tried using Simcash and cupcakes to improve my odds to see if having my odds of success at 100% would change it at all. Don't know why I thought that might work, I didn't get the rewards anyways and now I've wasted my resources just to make this worse. 

It does give me my consolation prize fortunately, but obviously that's not getting me the grand prize. Frown

Message 92 of 104 (1,918 Views)

Re: Sweet Treat Showdown not giving rewards

Hero

@SelenaSimsMobile wrote:

When I complete the Sweet Treat Showdown challenges, they only give me my rewards about a quarter of the time. This is not me just failing in the challenge, I'm completing the challenge but just not receiving the rewards. 

I was having this issue during the previous Sweet Treat Showdown but less frequently and only when I completed the challenges to the very end, but in the previous one I was 6 items away from getting the grand prize–so close that I would have gotten the prize if not for the glitch! This is really disappointing since I really really want the grand prize and all the cool garden supplies but I'm not going to get many if this glitch continues. Frown

I tried using Simcash and cupcakes to improve my odds to see if having my odds of success at 100% would change it at all. Don't know why I thought that might work, I didn't get the rewards anyways and now I've wasted my resources just to make this worse. 

It does give me my consolation prize fortunately, but obviously that's not getting me the grand prize. Frown

Hi @SelenaSimsMobile 

Unfortunately this issue you experience might be a bug. Could you please make a bug report? Here's the link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/the-sims-mobile-bug-reports-en

Also post screenshots or video to illustrate the issue.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 93 of 104 (1,837 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree with you they want you to spend real money to go on with the game, the fun is being sucked out

Message 94 of 104 (1,762 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ItsKatlyn99 That is true also on other events w were given a item to collect cookies or whatever the event was about, I kept looking for a cookie jar in my inventory
Message 95 of 104 (1,758 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much so many don’t get this, we have jobs also we can’t just sit on our phones 24/7 and spend real cash we do have rent for crying out loud, they need to stop being greedy and let us have fun, we need a outlet.

Message 96 of 104 (1,757 Views)

★★★ Novice

I used up most of my resources on the first go around. I used up the rest on the second. This third time I'm not using anything other than the sugar cubes and I have lost every attempt.. If I wanted to feel like a loser on a daily basis there are plenty of other games I could play. This one used to be played strictly for enjoyment. And if I didn't succeed it was because I worked and couldn't devote the necessary time. But this feature is just designed to make people feel bad. I'm not sure I want to play this game anymore. 

Message 97 of 104 (1,726 Views)

★ Apprentice

I personally feel like the Sweet Treat Showdown deserves much more dialogues. It’s so boring and repetitive to read the same things being said in challenges, etc. Below here are some ideas - for the future I hope each line is chose from a pool of dialogues, not just one.

Starting a challenge:

Succeeding in a round (Patty):

This is a great dessert! Well done, [Sim Name].

This is just a mouth-watering dessert. Keep up the good work!

Downright delicious! Keep going, [Sim Name]!

It looks stunning! This is a fantastic cake.

Tasty! Keep up your efforts.

You deserve to go to the next round! Good job!

A wonderful dessert! Keep it up.

I love the sweet flavours! You are doing great,

I’ll go for another serving, please! You can go to the next round.

Succeeding in a round (Your Sim)
Thank you so much!

Thanks, Patty.

Glad to hear that!

That made my day! Thanks!

Nice one!

I did great, Patty!

So glad it worked out.

Thanks a lot!

That went well!

Thanks so much, Patty!

How nice of you, Patty!

Succeeding in a round (UI):

You’re a pastry prodigy!

Nice one!

Perfectly baked!

Sweet perfection!

A top-notch dessert!

You win this round!
The perfect cake!

Just delectable!

Failing at a round (Patty)

Hmm. Something is wrong here.

There’s an element that seems wrong, [Sim Name]...
I’m struggling to find the words, [Sim Name]... It’s...

Oh, no! What happened there?

Seems that dessert has a little problem...

Uh oh! That cake doesn’t seem so nice, unfortunately...

That’s unfortunate. The cake doesn’t look that good to me...

Failing at a round (Your Sim)

Hold on, let’s not panic...

Wait a sec, let me think...

Now I’m worried. What to do?

What should I do?
Don’t look at me like that... let me pull ideas together first.

Ugh, why did I ruin it at first?

Salvaging a dessert (Patty)

Let me help you with that, dear!

Here, let me help!

I know what went wrong, but I’ll fix it just for you.

No worries! I’ll patch it back up.

I can fix that back up for you, dear!

Don’t worry, [Sim Name]. I’ll make it better.

Salvaging a dessert (Your Sim)

Sweet, thanks!

Thank goodness!

Thank you SO much, Patty.

That was close!

That looks much better now!

Thanks for the help!

I’m so relieved!

Ending a round (Patty):

Crumbs! But that’s OK. There’s always next time!

Oh well! Better luck next time.

It’s only a mistake. We always learn from them!

Don’t worry, sweetie. There’s always next time!

We all make mistakes, [Sim Name]. But, let’s hope you don’t make it again.

Luck wasn’t on your side today. But, it would next time!

Ending a round (Your Sim)

Thanks, Patty. The challenge didn’t go my way, but next time I’ll give it my all!

You’re right, Patty. Next time, I won’t make one mistake!

Thanks for your support, Patty! I’ll do my best in the next challenge.

Hey, there’s still a consolation prize! I’m still grateful I got something.

There is always next time, Patty. I’ll do better next time I enter the challenge!

In the meantime one more thing. PLEASE don’t make competitors taunt your Sim when they present their dessert at the start of a round and don’t make them do this ‘feet touching’ thingamajig when starting a challenge. Like before, make them use many different animations that are much more sensible/realistic.

Thanks for reading TSM developers 😊

Message 98 of 104 (1,487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hello!

Well i also would like to give an actual feedback to the STS again:

I had to spend simcash or to buy a golden Promixer ticket to get the grand prize during all of the last STS events.

And i am also a bit tired again of this now.

All the new stuff  is in this events ..no other way to get it.

And beside the events we are getting packs offers which do cost extra.

You never can complete a set with all the extra stuff now without spending 40 oder 50 $ ..well sometimes less...i mean the whole new collections which come monthly now.

Clothes and furnitueres plus the STS stuff you need to invest to get it. That is really a lot just for a mobile game....

That also is not giving me a good feeling during playing.

It is pretty expensive all.... we had now some offers which were okay but at least it did not change a lot.

There should be more ways in the game to earn grand prizes and also the special collections  for free, which are now only in the shop allways.

I really ignored it a while and just played and tested it again..but this not ^good feeling^ is not leaving during playing the STS with this prices and winning rates.

A lot of players are feeling the same and i really hope you can make a more playerfriendly update on the STS please.

I am sure this would also a win for the gamestudio and you would get more players and more payment support with better shop and eventprices.

More players =more win..more win for happy players with more fair prices means more customers for you.

And we are out of the times when mobile games need to be expensive like this..it is an old hat now and it is time to drop the prices.

Ppl will play new games which are cheaper if this does not change.

Everybody has a mobile phone and there are a lot of games with fair prices and the same concept.

I would prefer to continue playing your game...please work on this

Thanks and greetings.💖

Message 99 of 104 (1,426 Views)

★★ Pro

Hello again!

I have a wish for the STS...

Could you please make a rerun for the chemny and the washer (washing mashine) and the dryer?

At this time i was not interested in the STS a lot and i sadly did not make it because i was pretty annoyed of the STS....

I know that a lot of ppl would love reruns from this ones...

I saw ppl on twitter  and youtube asking a lot for this.

That would be so cool...pleaseeeeee! ☺

Greetings 💖

Message 100 of 104 (1,328 Views)