Re: Sweet Treat Showdown Event

by gulz8

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@jayivy666 I’m not sure if I understand correctly, but it doesn’t sound like a bug.

1/3 means you have one attempt in the baking challenge that you can do. If you do nothing for eight hours, then you’ll see 2/3 which means you’ll have two attempts to do the baking challenge. If you do nothing for another eight hours, then you’ll see 3/3 attempts that you can do for the baking challenge. It caps at three.

So if you don’t play TSM for a whole day and open the game, you’ll have 3/3 attempts you can do. If you open the game and consistently do the challenges every eight hours, then you’ll always see 1/3 attempts. I hope this makes sense. It was very confusing for me too.
Message 71 of 104 (1,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hello! Ok well thanks... but this was really confusing..because i saw the 3 tries on the phone of a friend😆

Well at least it is still a gold and simcash eating bot...and it is very very hungry.. but thanks for the information.

Well i am glad that there was any update..pleaso do not misunderstand me...i have explained it a lot now. There is a lot which makes no sense to spend money or in game gold or cupcakes for it.

I do play it but i do not waste earned  gold , simcash or cupcakes for it anymore it is senseless.... and as we all now you are having a big duscussion if you write to the support for getting money back if you spent simcash on it..i am tired of it..did not happen the first time....

💕

During one event i lost my account because of the server was down...that is not long ago..i got it back but it needed 3 days.

The support was friendly yes but when i told them that i lost a three days use of my bought eventpackage they puttet a worth of three small boxes in tokens without asking me on my account.

I did not see that and opened my boxes after work.

Then i got an answer after i opened them that they did that...i said well it is not enough..are you kidding me? 

i mean 3 boxes..the small ones.... for 3 days loose of an bought eventpackage and it were 4 days without be able to get on my account ( eventpackage for 8 days tokensspawn with the extra spawning item for the house) is a small sorry yes but that was not fair.

And i was not even asked...

If its ok...then they told me the whole time that i got something for it because i opened them ...lol..seriously? I wrote several emails and i really felt a hit in the stomach..and now again.

There are really serveral things that ea has to change..also for  reclamations and such stuff..and this is not off topic... people did loose real cash in this event...i am sure there are lot of reclamation emails for this event going on....this time i  only bought a small amount of simcash to try it out for first..and for luck i did that.

Greetings and thanks for the reply ..i know you are doing your job here and i see you are doing it right 💕

Message 72 of 104 (1,597 Views)

★★★ Novice

The event is tooo long.. hate the waiting around 8 hours to play one game only to lose it all.. the worst part is I have all my four Sims on the events for a mere 30 tokens or 60!! That’s like the lamest thing everrrr!! Then 425 tokens to open one prize?? 10 royals?? This event has some fun bits to it.. but I’ve spent too much on it and I won’t even win the prizes!! That’s the sad part.. what’s also so annoying is how is 90% a fail task??? That’s so stupid!! Who came up with that?? 50% or 60% yeah that’s fine.. but above 80% for sure should be able to pass the task!! There’s gonna be some unhappy people if they don’t get all the prizes after they spent so much time and money on this stupid event! 

Message 73 of 104 (1,547 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I have worked so hard at this event. I dont currently have a job and have quite a bit of time on my hands. I also haven't had much sleep recently. I've played this game so hard trying to get the grand prize. 2 days to go and I realise now that it will be impossible despite how many hours I've spent and sleep lost playing it. I had over 100000 sim cash when I started this event and over a 100 cupcakes. I have never spent real money on the game and all this money and cupcakes was saved up from over a year of playing. With 2 days to go I have to get 8 more of the royal treat box prizes in order to get the grand prize. I've worked or out and it won't be possible. I am so annoyed and frustrated as I don't think it would be possible for me to of worked any harder. If I could of won the sweet treat challenge just a few times more I would of made it...... The only reason I lost those challenges was because I was under the impression that 93% chance would be high enough to get through. I was mistaken. Thoroughly disappointed and frustrated 

Message 74 of 104 (1,493 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@TSESCSJSSSRSJS That's how it is. Impossible. Something is broken. I've seen houses with new fireplace, braidie hair on sim. How much it cost to you or are you a hacker. I Lost my interest, not doing even Wumples anymore. I'm just there for chatting to my friends. We have definately something to talk about. Right now none of them are Happy with TSM .
Message 75 of 104 (1,480 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Viankri No I'm not a hacker and I refuse to spend real money. I just had loads of resources saved from months of playing.the sweet treat challenge drained those resources and still I've been unable to get the grand prize.
Message 76 of 104 (1,469 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@TSESCSJSSSRSJS I know that feeling. I spent over 200 000 simoleons and all my saved cupcakes. Besides sweet treat showdown is like a gambling. A few people have said that it is agonizing.
Message 77 of 104 (1,463 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ok. Tomorrow I will finish this endless quest and earn the final prizes.

I was sure I wasn't going to finish, not even getting close. But yesterday I realized that I was at 80% of the quest, with 85% of the total quest time passed.

Up to that moment I used some cupcakes (around 50) and a lot of simoleons (I am level 50, with all land cleared so I have much more simolens than I need).

I bought 600 simcash and used simcash and cupcakes to collect royals, which is what I missed.

Tomorrow morning I will open the last royal box.

What I used:

Around 190.000 simoleons, I have 186.000 simoleons left

Around 90 cupcakes, I now have 29 left

540 of the 600 simcash that I bought.

I could have used MUCH LESS simoleons than what I did: i purchased extra cookies during the baking competitions, but it wasn't necessary: i opened all the normal much in advance.

Seeing back, it is also unuseful to make the special events: you collect so many cookies if you want to collect enough crowns during the baking events, that you don't need special events.

I WILL NEVER MAKE ANOTHER QUEST LIKE THIS. This time I was so close I wanted to finish, but next time I won't even begin. And even if I begin: almost all my resources are gone and I have no intention of spending money to buy so many resources as they are needed for this kind of quest.

Summary: I think that the move from the development team was smart, because I guess that many players purchased some resources like I did (I spent 17 euros in total for this game till yesterday and I started play in october 2018). But I also think that this was a one shot occasion for the development team: except the purchase, we also used all our saved resources and don't have any left to make other quests like this. Sorry EA. You won't get us a second time.

This was the most stessing and terrible quest ever. Never ever again.

Message 78 of 104 (1,458 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

OK, I haven't enjoyed this event because of how very few tokens we received for each activity, and for the steep cost of the baking challenge.

That being said, I did manage to complete it. I had quite a lot of resources saved up (simoleons, simcash and cupcakes) and they're mostly gone. I think I've spent around 200k simoleons, 100 cupcakes and about 400 simcash. Take my word for it, I didn't cheat. But I reluctantly played it safe with every baking challenge, spending extra resources to reach at least a rate of 98% chance (all the while deploring the expense)

So was it doable without cheating or hacking? Yes. Was it fair and enjoyable for everybody? Definitely not.

Message 79 of 104 (1,415 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@KodamaTreeSpirit wrote:

OK, I haven't enjoyed this event because of how very few tokens we received for each activity, and for the steep cost of the baking challenge.

That being said, I did manage to complete it. I had quite a lot of resources saved up (simoleons, simcash and cupcakes) and they're mostly gone. I think I've spent around 200k simoleons, 100 cupcakes and about 400 simcash. Take my word for it, I didn't cheat. But I reluctantly played it safe with every baking challenge, spending extra resources to reach at least a rate of 98% chance (all the while deploring the expense)

So was it doable without cheating or hacking? Yes. Was it fair and enjoyable for everybody? Definitely not.

Same here, same numbers than myself in fact.

And I quote every word: not fair and not enjoyable.

Looking back I don't even like so much the final prizes. The fireplace doesn't fit with my house so much, the wood storage (sorry for the terms, I don't play the game in english) is not so well designed. And also the double braid is not so wonderful to lose so many reserves for it. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Message 80 of 104 (1,390 Views)