Surprising Choices - Items are locked in build/buy

by GhostFreeek

Original Post

Surprising Choices - Items are locked in build/buy

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Honor 9N
OS Version 9
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No item available in the build/buy section after buying thru surprising choices.
What do you expect to see? Items obtained through surprising choices to be added in the build section
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Asia
Country India

This is more of a complaint than a bug. It was fine until the items in the Surprising Choices were hot tubs related,fishing tanks or hedgehogs,but now that a whole new list is added with items from previous events or packs, they should really be unlocked forever in the build/buy section of the game.Today I had a choice to buy these hedges,but why would I spend such huge simcash knowing that I can't buy more of these later?  No one is going to settle for just one of these,people are going to have to buy more while building. Lots of people are complaining about this. It is a sincere request from all players to make these surprising choices items available in the build/buy section -atleast the newly introduced choices in reasonable price at a cost of simoleans. Please be reasonable with your customers.

Screenshot_20210620_210413_com.ea.gp.simsmobile[3625].jpg

Message 1 of 5 (1,023 Views)

Re: Surprising Choices - Items cannot be seen in build/buy

★★★★★ Apprentice
@GhostFreeek Absolutely agree here. And it's stupid to wait until the next same surprising choice to buy the same thing over again,and that too just one of them.
Message 2 of 5 (879 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The purpose of Surprising choices is to give players the chance to purchase unique items like the aquarium or the hamster.

I'd say it is a mistake to add hedges to the Surprising choices when they need to be unlocked in order to be used.

Another reason is that some of these items are part of packs that some players have purchased with real money.

Pack items should remain in packs.My suggestion is to offer new and unique items, not recirculate items that already are in the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 3 of 5 (858 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SalixCat Exactly my point! If items from previous packs or events are added,players should be given a chance to reacquire them permanantly. These hedges are a part of the Better Homes and Roses pack.There's literally atleast 2 posts everyday on Reddit asking for a rerun of this pack. It is injustice that some items are added to Surprising Choices while some aren't. It would really mean a lot if you could pass this to the developers. Thank you for your help towards the gaming community here.
Message 4 of 5 (848 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I completely agree with @SalixCat. There should be new unique items here that you can only get when they come up in surprising choice. This engages the player to hope they get a surprising choice, not dread them. 

I also think that once purchased, it should just unlock to buy more as needed. Everyone one loves new garden items, so there would be endless possibilities of coming up with unique items in plants alone!

You actually stand to make more money following advice from the community here.

Message 5 of 5 (686 Views)