by parkwoodpeewee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Super speed wont work when my sims are sleeping

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get famous, spa, tiny living, parenting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when sims sleep there is no super speed
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing
What do you expect to see? super speed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After downloading Tiny Living

I can only find very old threads and none offer any help or resolution. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but after downloading tiny Living the super speed does not work and the game is significantly slower. I waited 24h and tried to play again and the same issue is occurring.  Any help??

Message 1 of 6 (8,257 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Super speed wont work when my sims are sleeping

★★★ Newbie

Hey, 

I checked again and there was no one on the lot, or anything that could explain it. So I checked another household and the speed works there. Went back to the household I was using and it works again! Also it is hard to say if it works when they work as they all have careers I either go to work with them or they WFH.

Maybe going in and playing with a different household within the same game helped? But thanks!

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (8,237 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@parkwoodpeewee is there no one else on the lot that could account for it not kicking in ? Does it kick in when your Sim goes to work ?

Could you test a different house to see if the same happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (8,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, 

I checked again and there was no one on the lot, or anything that could explain it. So I checked another household and the speed works there. Went back to the household I was using and it works again! Also it is hard to say if it works when they work as they all have careers I either go to work with them or they WFH.

Maybe going in and playing with a different household within the same game helped? But thanks!

Message 3 of 6 (8,238 Views)

Hero
@parkwoodpeewee Travelling somewhere or switching households can often fix stuff so yeah, it's possible that fixed it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (8,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thank you so much! I had the same problem and I have spent so long trying to figure it out. Never would have thought of that!

Message 5 of 6 (6,421 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DrFoxTails47 I had the exact same issue. I would go to work and sleep and could only use x1 speed. So glad this worked for me!
Message 6 of 6 (5,906 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help