Re: Summer Throwdown League - Event starting now!

by miater23

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just got to the spending 2000k token part. All I was two jucing stations, the female shirt, green home tickets, a table, bowler shirt, sim cash. I'm kind of suprised I didn't get any banners (so far) but I am glad I got most of the new items (aside from the rare ones anyway). I'm probably not going to make it to my goal of 14 k. I had almost 9k before I spent the part of the ribbons.

I wish this event was longer. I would have liked it to last a week of earning ribbons.

Message 41 of 56 (1,113 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Mai Hi EA, the rarity of the rare items in the loot boxes have been insane and the quests are repetitive and boring, such as continue to do list in part 10 and part 12, require sims to complete hobby/career chapters, we hope there are more events like ASOS (no loot boxes which depends on luck and real cash) instead of getting cornered by the game to use our real cash for the loot boxes because we aren't getting a dart board or hot dog suit, we are getting home tickets and 6 banners! Who even wants 6 similar banners to decorate their house? There have been numerous bugs that have been around for so long that hasn't been solve, such as sim's contact disappear for no reason/party which crashed in less than an hour. Please EA, take your time to look at our threads for bugs and suggestions, I can see that you will be losing more and more players in the future.

Message 42 of 56 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am 100 % with all my ppl on sims for summer throwdown would I need to start a new career? Frown

Message 43 of 56 (1,062 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@mrsjclake wrote:

I am 100 % with all my ppl on sims for summer throwdown would I need to start a new career? Frown

yes.  I had to as well.  I started a new career, did the minimum required for the quest, and then switched back to my old career.

Message 44 of 56 (1,053 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

@mrsjclake wrote:

yes.  I had to as well.  I started a new career, did the minimum required for the quest, and then switched back to my old career.

Never Leave Us   @BlueWizardRob.  Please Never Leave Us !

Message 45 of 56 (1,050 Views)

★★★ Guide
I’m trying not to feel too paranoid about these events between the sadistic quest event timing (two “to-do” list completion requests, set up to optimally waste most of a day) and the repetition of items from the consolation chest (why yes, I was dying to get a FOURTH bar and 20 more home tickets to add to the several thousand I’m not using), but getting a quest objective to spend 2000 ribbons when I spent 4000+ not two hours before is genuinely enraging. I don’t think there’s enough time left in the event to even comply.
Message 46 of 56 (1,016 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My new Summer Throwdown look. I kinda like it.

sims dart show.png

Message 47 of 56 (997 Views)

★ Novice

Anyone else having trouble completing the 16th part of the questline? I complete the mission inside the restaurant but i see no progression and i receive no reward whatsoever. It is really frustrating since i spent a lot of simcash to unlock the mission again. 

Message 48 of 56 (946 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I finished the quest and I spent the rest of my tokens (9k). What I got was green tickets, dart banners, fashion gems, super sim tickets, two neon signs, table, and super home tickets. I was hoping on snagging the dart board but I am glad I got one of the rare event items. Maybe we'll be able to buy it in in a suprising choice. I did like how you could get less duplicates in the game. You could only get two tables or two jucing stations for example (and not 6 of the each). Maybe it depends on the item.  I didn't like the amount of rare items in this event. I think the fashion gems blue tickets should have been uncommon. Maybe the hot dog suit could have been uncommon since it was already released once as a rare. 

Message 49 of 56 (917 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
The fashion gems reward gives about 7-8 gems at a time, so I think it is reasonable to be a rare award.
Message 50 of 56 (904 Views)