Re: Summer Throwdown League - Event starting now!

by Kevnik1

Original Post

To be honest, I have no real interest in any of the prizes for this event. Except maybe the dart board, since it has 75 party points value. But if, by the end of the event, I don't spend any of the ribbons will they be converted into something useful, like cash or simoleons? Cash would be preferable, but simoleons wouldn't be bad either.

Message 31 of 56 (1,039 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@thecakeisaLIE82 We never know how they are going to compensate us. Sometimes they turn them into Simoleans but they could just tell us to use them or lose them. You would have to decide. ☺

Message 32 of 56 (1,023 Views)

@PaQuilter1 wrote:

@thecakeisaLIE82 We never know how they are going to compensate us. Sometimes they turn them into Simoleans but they could just tell us to use them or lose them. You would have to decide. ☺

That's good to know, thanks.

Message 33 of 56 (1,018 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've accumulated 5000+ ribbons when I'm at part 18 of the quest, so I spent it and I got 2 bars, 5 banners, multiple clothes, tables and around 100+ sim cash

Didn't get any of the hot dog suit/dartboard/neon sign which I really want Frown

Message 34 of 56 (950 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Wow, that stinks! These boxes are a joke. I got one dartboard. I really didn't think I was gonna get the board though. I had almost 7000 tickets when I finished and didn't get it until one of my last few chests that I opened. I got a million of the other items BUT still no hotdog suit. I wonder did any of our super cool friends get it? 🌭🌭🌭🌭
Message 35 of 56 (924 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My goal is to earn 14k ribbons by the end of the event. I'm already half way there. I'm currently waiting to start quest #14. I want to hot dog costume because I like having all of the event clothing items. Personally, I'd rather have the dart board or neon sign. I think I'm going to wait on spending my tokens (aside from spending the 2k later on anyway).

I haven't been staying up all night like I planned. I probably will tonight or tomorrow (in order to reach my goal). It doesn't seem worth it overall.

Message 36 of 56 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@Kevnik1 wrote:
Wow, that stinks! These boxes are a joke. I got one dartboard. I really didn't think I was gonna get the board though. I had almost 7000 tickets when I finished and didn't get it until one of my last few chests that I opened. I got a million of the other items BUT still no hotdog suit. I wonder did any of our super cool friends get it? 🌭🌭🌭🌭

I was one of the lucky people that got the hot dog suit in the last Summer Lemonade Slices BBQ Event & TBH I really didn’t care about it one way or another. If I could have given it to another player, I would have been happy to!  

I hated getting all the duplicate patio tables, chairs etc that I couldn’t put out anyway-due to the Item Limits

Well this event, the Hot Dog suit was already checked off the “Items I Might Win List”. when I opened the first box!    Fine with me, but isn’t this supposed to be Random?   

I really don’t care, but I wish that they would give us the option to either accept the duplicate OR  

opportunity to choose a Ticket/Gem/Cash in return. 

I’m only half-heartedly playing this event.  I got 2 Bars, both Shirts, the Dart board, random tickets & Sim Cash 🙌 💵 🎉 

I’d like to get the bar back IF I finish this event, but I’m fine if I don’t.

Howeve, I’ll have to spend some simoleans to get my sims back to their former careers🤦🏻‍♀️  

These loot box events are wearing thin and this may be the last one I bother with unless EA works on the overage of duplicates and the over use of having to use so many Cuocakes to speed things along- which I tried not to do most of the time anyway. 

Yeah, probably not doing another Event , unless it’s set up like ASOS 

where you know what you’re working towards.  jmho 

Message 37 of 56 (885 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Yeah, I got at least one of everything and pretty much quit after the quest was finished. I'm still letting them do the cafe and other one when the time resets on them but I'm not using cupcakes or fast forwarding time for them to do it.
Message 38 of 56 (878 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Kevnik1 wrote:

Nope.  I've spent 12000 ribbons on boxes but I've also spent 2000 simcash on premium boxes and no hot dog suit.

My conclusion after spending on both this and the previous event is that they are making some rewards like the hot dog suit so rare that it is not worth any spending to try to complete the event collections.  I will no longer spend on these events.  The chance of getting the rewards seems to be mathematically indistinguishable from zero.

I've always hated loot boxes but grudgingly done them anyway. Now, with the rarity of the hot dog suit, I'm extremely irritated at the programers and will no longer reward them with money.

Message 39 of 56 (874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Oooooh, Ouch, that’s gotta hurt! I thought they’d fixed that shrinking glitch with promoting sims.......

Message 40 of 56 (863 Views)