Re: Sulani, clear sky always?

by elysevilla

Original Post

Sulani, clear sky always?

★ Guide

Hello, I have a question for quite some time, and I have finally dared to ask about it because I have not seen anyone mention it. My sim lives in Sulani and I have been able to observe that there are never clouds, if the weather is sunny, there will simply be a completely blue sky, but if it is cloudy, there are no clouds, it is gray, but they are not clouds, and not it looks nothing like the sky of other worlds. This is by design? Why? I want to see clouds in the sky!
Sorry for my English, it's not my language.

Message 1 of 10 (968 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@elysevilla I would guess that it may be by design to have a different type of sky, as the 'feel' and lighting effects seem different in some aspects in Sulani. This also makes for some gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. There are worlds in the game with varied weather patterns and aspects to aim for a unique affect, like Cats and Dogs' Brindleton Bay is an extra-rainy 'New England'-type setting. You may e interested in this other thread, which discusses weather but does not discuss the aspect you are bringing up about Sulani: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Please-fix-the-weather/m-p/10087936#M44854

Thank you for the feedback and thoughts. This is the right place for them. 🌤️ ☁️ ⛈️ 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 10 (946 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for answering, yes, unfortunately it seems that it is by design, but it is so unrealistic, I wish they changed it Frown Greetings!!

Message 3 of 10 (908 Views)

Champion

@elysevilla , I think it is somewhat realistic, as when people think of tropical beaches they first think of sunny skies.  (Almost no one but a meteorologist would want to go to a tropical beach and hope to see a hurricane or typhoon! 😅 ) But of course bad storms like this do exist in tropical locales.  

Also, I've visited Florida in the Summer a few times, and though the weather was clear for most of the day, the clouds would start piling up by 4:00 in the afternoon, and the daily thunderstorm would happen sometime between 4 and 6 pm! ⛈ But I think these get overlooked unless you live there because the storms are so brief. Wink  This might be different for other tropical places, and since I've never been to Hawaii or another Polynesian island before, I cannot if it is the same for these places. 😄

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 10 (858 Views)

★ Guide
I've never been to a tropical island, but if it rains there will be clouds, right? Or is the sky just gray? but hey, it is what there is hehe. Thanks!
Message 5 of 10 (814 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hi @elysevilla !  Your post is very interesting.  I guess I haven't paid much attention to the skies in Sulani.  Mostly I'm too busy looking for dolphins and mermaids when I visit. Standard smile  I just skimmed through a bunch of my photos from some cruises through the Caribbean and along the west coast of Mexico.  There were periods of white puffy clouds, although mostly there were either clear blue skies or a mass of gray overcast barely distinguishable clouds.  l  I haven't been to Hawaii either, so I don't know if it's different there.  I would imagine they do have pretty clouds sometimes.   

Also, your English is great (better than some native speakers I know) so don't ever apologize for that!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 10 (794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thanks!!! Standard smile Heart

Message 7 of 10 (770 Views)

Champion

@elysevilla , in answer to your question of my post, technically a solid gray sky is just clouds , it is just that the clouds are not distinguishable. I didn't notice if those types of clouds were present in Florida, but then again we only stayed about a week for each time we went, which was only twice!  😅 I'm sure they happen at least occasionally, but the clouds that I noticed were the billowing clouds of a thunderstorm!  But either way you bring up a good point about Sulani.😎  I just think the developers wanted Sulani to feel like a paradise, so they made it sunny Thinking

Message 8 of 10 (740 Views)

★ Guide

By the way, speaking of Sulani, another thing that bothers me, is that nobody walks their dogs, I even installed a mod for sims to walk their dogs in all worlds, and it has worked for all worlds except for Sulani. It seems that its operation with dogs and cats is not well implemented.

Message 9 of 10 (704 Views)

Champion

@elysevilla , In general, the only place that was made to have dogs and cats roam around or be walked by their owners was in the town of Brindleton Bay, to begin with.  Since I don't use mods at all, I can't say why the mod that allows Sims to walk their dogs in all worlds doesn't work for Sulani.  Perhaps you could ask the website or person who made the mod why it doesn't work on Sulani!  They are the ones who made the Mod, after all! 😉

Message 10 of 10 (573 Views)