Re: Suggestion on how to make STS better

by ascjced

Original Post

Suggestion on how to make STS better

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Make it similar to Treasure Hunt where spending guarantees something. With STS, you can spend SC, simcoins, cupcakes, watch ads and STILL lose. This is why I prefer the Treasure Hunt. You have control over winning and losing.

Here's my suggestion to make it more bearable and actually winnable:

1. Keep the ads constant and fixed for +10%. Watching an ad for 2% is very discouraging. Feels scammy to watch for such little reward. On top of that, anything below 95% has a high chance of failing.

2. Keep the +20% for 1500 simoleons constant for each round. It seriously makes all the difference. The 6% for 1000 is in no way a good deal.

Since the percentages feel rigged where anything below 94% still fails a lot, at least give us the option to make it easier to reach 100%.

Honestly, I just wish they retire STS. It's way too RNG based. Treasure Hunt is heaps better.

Message 1 of 5 (407 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@ascjced What I think is that a better alternative for STS should be found.There just isn't any excitement left in that event.Something more innovative can be developed instead
Message 2 of 5 (379 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

True. I wish they will just retire this "event". It is the WORST. It's bad enough to design something to be a currency sink, but this is designed to suck money off of players and STILL have the chance to lose. It's terrible.

Message 3 of 5 (350 Views)

@ascjced I think your suggestions are great, and it would certainly make the STSs much more palatable.

I would like to suggest that we be able to choose what rewards we unlock with the STS currency that we earn, instead of getting things at random. Once upon a time they had events like that, and everybody loved that feature. Please bring that back, devs!

Message 4 of 5 (342 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! I just played again and lost at 8th round with 95% rate. After already spending 3k simoleons and 5 SC after it failed at Round 1. The RNG in this thing is just disgusting.

I really hate STS. It's the worst. The treasure hunt, I enjoy. You can just rely on luck, then use coins towards the end. Coin well spent and not wasted. I dread all the times this "event" starts.

Message 5 of 5 (323 Views)