Suggestion on Dining out decorations

by macolin01

Original Post

Suggestion on Dining out decorations

★★ Newbie

A suggestion on SIMS 4 game:

※ As I am a Chinese player and I play the Sims 4 game using Chinese so the translation back may be ambiguous but I suppose it does not affect understanding.

I bought the Dining Outside pack and the Snow Escape pack. As I am big fan of Japanese styled things and the Snow pack is primarily Japanese decorations so I decided to build a traditional Japanese restaurant in my game.

my Japanese restaurant

The restaurant looks fancy but here comes the problem: I planned to use Kotatsu (the table and cushion set with quilt and heating) as the dining table but it cannot be accepted as dining staff.

first floor

So I have to build the second floor and use the tables and sofas as dining staff. 

second floor

This is OK but after the restaurant opened into business, I recognized that none of the customers are using the first floor. This makes me depressed as if all I was doing were of no use. 

I truly would like to have a Japanese restaurant and I think the problem can be saved if the Kotatsu can be accepted as dining tables or simple low desk and cushion set can be added to the dining decorations. 

Thank you very much. 

Message 1 of 4 (265 Views)

Re: Suggestion on Dining out decorations

★★★ Pro
@macolin01 Does the game count the table and chairs as fulfilling the restaurant requirements? If so, you might want to put this in the bug forum.
Message 2 of 4 (244 Views)

★ Guide

@macolin01 ,

I also added the Kotatsu table in a restaurant and it wasn't available for my Sims to request. I agree with you. It'd be great if they could fix that and it could become available in the restaurants. I think it's a great tradition to be available for Asian ones.

Message 3 of 4 (216 Views)

★★★ Pro
@macolin01 The developers replied and stated this is by design.
Message 4 of 4 (164 Views)