Suggestion for better immersion

by SmaugBR

Original Post

Suggestion for better immersion

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm new to this forums, so, sorry in advance if this has already been discussed.

I've been watching some reviews over YouTube and reading some forums over the internet and a lot of people complains about The Sims 4, saying the excess of loading screens disrupts game immersion when compared to The Sims 3. Well, for us gamers who play simulation, immersion is a very important game element. I understand, though, that all loading screens are a design choice (good or bad, it doesn't matter) to make the game lighter, loading smaller chunks of the game into RAM at a time.

So, my suggestion: the game could load not only our actual lot and surrounding terrain, but it could also load all the neighboring lots too and the respective families who live there. I'm not saying it should load all the world and cities nor I'm suggesting eliminating loading screen between zones. I'm just saying that would be a GREAT thing if we could get rid of the "intra-zone" loading screens by having the game load not only the area we are in and our houses, but also the three to four adjacent houses too, making the whole neighborhood present at the same time in a game moment. If we were in a commercial zone of the map, it would load all the buildings (like loading the Gym, the Museum, the Park and the Library in one screen). This way we could move freely from one house to another uninterruptedly, or between comercial lots using the already displayed area as a bigger lot.

...or, at least, the game could give us the option to do so in the Options screen. This way people with low end computers could leave the game as it is now and save RAM, while people with more robust systems could go for loading the entire area.

Thanks in advance,

SmaugBR Wink

Message 1 of 1 (701 Views)