Suggestion: Resources for Mod Makers

by Celtus483

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suggestion: Resources for Mod Makers

★★★★ Apprentice

I realize that mods might result in many of the reports the devs see regarding perceived bugs in the game, but let's face it, without mods the franchise might not still be around today.  Love them or hate them, for some players mods to shape their stories are what bring them back to playing.

With that in mind, it might be in everyone's best interest to have a resource page for modders where they might get some insight to changes that could break the mods (which to players, might look like a broken game).  For example, if there is a plan in place to change a data structure for an object or cas part, etc., the new structure could be announced.  The game wouldn't be harmed by passing the info along, the modders could plan accordingly, and the players might not experience a negative impact.  With the many changes made for Cottage Living, a significant number of mods had to be reworked.  I would guess that many players with these mods, particularly players who are new to the game (or new to mods) might have reported the effects of the out-of-date mods as bugs in the game.  No doubt many were helped in the excellent ahq forums, but could some of that negative experience been avoided?   Possibly so, I would think.  Maybe a sort of "Mod Maker's Outreach Program" could help minimize the impact in future.

Thanks for reading this and considering the idea.  I love the game, and have since Sims 1. 

Message 1 of 2 (168 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Suggestion: Resources for Mod Makers

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @Celtus483 Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback with the community💪🏽

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (136 Views)

All Replies

Re: Suggestion: Resources for Mod Makers

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @Celtus483 Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback with the community💪🏽

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 2 (137 Views)