【Suggestion】Disable Pack Function In-Game

by Japanic2012

Original Post

【Suggestion】Disable Pack Function In-Game

★★★ Guide

Today I was reading through the bug reports section thinking to myself that some sort of "Disable Pack Function" within the game could be useful in order to avoid having issues to begin with (well, at least temporary). I actually do have issues with some of the packs (recently being the Bust The Dust Kit) and have no idea if a disable button would actually work technically (as BTD can't be switched off even there is a button in the options menu) but with the increasing amount of DLCs in recent years, I do wish each of them could be switched on and off individually without having to go through re-installing, clearing folders and so forth. Just an idea.

Message 1 of 8 (800 Views)

Re: 【Suggestion】Disable Pack Function In-Game

@Japanic2012  There's already a built-in feature of Origin that lets you disable whichever packs you want.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (782 Views)

★★★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict Yeah, but I thought this way was not approved by EA (or is it?). I was thinking of something more official in nature.

Message 3 of 8 (771 Views)

@Japanic2012  This method is definitely approved by EA, especially since EA makes it possible.  The unapproved intervention is simply deleting a pack folder from the game's program files rather than uninstalling.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 8 (760 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I did wonder how to remove Vampires - I like the content of the pack (the chairs, the coffins and the bed I like the most), but vampire Sims/Forgotten Hollow serve no real purpose for me.
Message 5 of 8 (753 Views)

★★★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict Ok, I didn't know that it was approved by EA. Thanks on updating me.

However, as @jonnydnicholson mentioned, it would be nice to have options left to choose from. In terms of gameplay and items that come with each pack, there are many occasions in which I would like to switch off the one while keeping the other:

① Keep the items, switch off the gameplay ➡ As for Bust The Dust, I'd like to keep my vacuum cleaners without having the dust piles and bunnies showing up.

② Keep the gameplay, switch off the items ➡ As for Discover University, I'd like to participate in graduation day or join the secret society without having CAS randomly combine career outfits with item pieces picked from packs other than the base game.

Message 6 of 8 (736 Views)

Hero
@Japanic2012 It's still used at your own risk. It's a bit like cheats. You can use them but if you have issues with them, they are unsupported.

That's why I put disclaimers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (717 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict Thanks for clarifying. I was afraid, removing packs using the Origin game properties would be kind of risky even it is offered as for the same reason I am not using cheats very often. Still, it would be nice to have an "official" switch off button in the options menu. 

Message 8 of 8 (688 Views)