Re: Stupid whims

by shaderondark

Original Post

Stupid whims

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This is maybe not a bug but IS an irritant, my Sim used to own a dog, for less than a day.  I put it in the family so I could create it and transfer it elsewhere.   I also used to have a sim whose pet died and decided not to get another but forever after those sims have the whims to take pet for a walk, buy a feed bowl (From owning a pet), and buying other pet items when they don't own one.   Why would a sim want to buy a feeding bowl the day after her dog died and she's still grieving??????

It seems things that are no longer relevant are triggering whims. 

How can I get this to the developers?    I don't know how to report this sort of stuff. 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 8 (687 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@shaderondark 
Oh my goodness I cannot tell you how much I agree.
There are some Whims that seem so irrational but some are so silly they make me laugh.

The pet example is one and the whims to buy things they will never own in my game.
I cannot get mad at the game though. I just "X" out that whim to get another one that I "might" let them fulfill.

As for your question
"How can I get this to the developers?"
This is the best place to start.

I hope you can find a way around your dilemma and still enjoy the game.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 8 (666 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The Whim System overall needs to be overhauled/fixed; there's a slew of them that don't even register when you satisfy them.

I'd like to see a lot more whims that would trigger more on the circumstances that your Sim is currently in, kind of like how the romance ones generate when you're on a date and such.

- B

Message 3 of 8 (642 Views)

Champion

@shaderondark@EuphorialQueen@burin077 , I haven't' had a pet die (so far... I've always aged them down to prevent them dying)  except one I had to have die in order to become a ghost in order to help someone with a problem).   Therefore, I my guess might be wrong, but I was thinking that this might be caused by your Sims' aspiration or personality traits.Thinking
  Are the Sims this is happening to have the personality traits associated with being a dog or cat lover? Wondering If so, I think this is like having the family oriented trait that will have Sims who haven't' started families yet get whims for buying toys and things like that! Standard smile  

Still, I can see how this would be annoying at best, and seemingly heartless at worst! Devil

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 8 (620 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@shaderondark A bug report exists for this issue here: [OPEN] [CD] Pet Owner Whims After Pet Is Gone please select "Me Too" on the first post on the first page of the thread and if you haven't yet, add your story to the thread.

Message 5 of 8 (601 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888   No they aren't animal lovers of any sort, I rarely have that trait in a sim and I've had it with quite a few sims so far, the actual whim does say it's from owning a dog or from owning a cat so it is definitely from ONCE owning that animal.  It's just not disappearing. 

Message 6 of 8 (561 Views)

Champion

@shaderondarkthanks for answering my question! Angel It was just a guess.  Most of my pet owners have the Loves Dogs or Loves Cats trait, so I haven't had many that didn't have this trait that had a pet, so I couldn't remmeber.  Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 8 (529 Views)

★ Guide

They seem to have stopped their development on this, so they decided this option would be off by default, still I would love if they could work on them because it's something that has been on previous games as "wishes", they used to help getting lifetime points

Message 8 of 8 (492 Views)