Original Post

Accepted Solution

Strangerville's environment doesn't change doing the Mystery aspiration anymore

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By progressing through the Strangerville mystery aspiration and seeing whether the town's environment changes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Strangerville town's environment just looks the same.
What do you expect to see? The town should be changing more and more when progressing through the strangerville mystery aspiration. eg. the sky colours should change, spores floating in the air, the purple pants on the ground everywhere etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, I did the strangerville mystery aspiration when the pack first came out and the town / neighbourhood's environment would change as I progressed through the levels eg. the sky colours would change, spores would float in the air, it became windier and those plants would appear on the ground everywhere. I decided to play through it again except now the town just stays exactly the same as I progress through the aspiration levels. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? I really enjoyed how the town's look drastically changed when completing the aspiration levels but it doesn't seem to do that anymore Frown

Message 1 of 6 (661 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Strangerville's environment doesn't change doing the Mystery aspiration anym

Hero
@modernmiss Did you 'reset' the town to being infected on the mother plant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (532 Views)

All Replies

Re: Strangerville's environment doesn't change doing the Mystery aspiration anym

Hero
@modernmiss Is this on a fresh game or are you doing the mystery with a second Sim in the same save ?

Also, at what point did you remove the mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (593 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was doing it with a second sim in the same save file. I also tried the aspiration cheat for a sim in a new game but still had the same result. I just removed the mods file altogether and tried straight after that but it didn't seem to help...

Message 3 of 6 (542 Views)

Hero
@modernmiss Did you 'reset' the town to being infected on the mother plant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (533 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, I hadn't done that but now that I have revived the mother plant and selected a level of weirdness from it, the town has changed! I kind of wish it would automatically change when working through the aspiration levels, like I'm sure it did the first time, but I guess since I had done it already once before they want to give you the option to? Thanks so much for your help, I'm so glad to have it working again! :D

Message 5 of 6 (474 Views)

Hero
@modernmiss Glad to hear that helped.

Enjoy

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (446 Views)