Strangerville Mystery

by darkmaster861

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Strangerville Mystery

★★★ Newbie

I'm about to start playing in Strangerville, and I was wondering something that I can't seem to find an answer for. I'm still a newbie to The Sims.

If I move to Strangerville with two Sims who both have the Strangerville Mystery aspiration, can they solve the mystery at the same time? For example, can they both go sneaking around in the Secret Lab at the same time and achieve aspiration milestones at the same time? If so, do I have to invite them along like normal?

Message 1 of 3 (962 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Strangerville Mystery

[ Edited ]
Champion

@darkmaster861, I have some confirmation that you can go through the mystery with another Sim, but that the final task will not complete in your extra Sim's aspiration; it will only complete in the main Sim's aspiration! Frown But if you don't mind completing the aspiration for one of your Sims and just want to go through the mystery together for storytelling purposes, you can certainly do that! 

Update:  Adding that 

Spoiler
you can always revive the Mother to play out the Mystery for the Sim who couldn't complete their Aspiration. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (912 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@darkmaster861, if I remember correctly, you can only have one Sim solving the mystery at a time.  For example, 

Spoiler
when you get to the secret lab and have to get past the locked door, your Sim is supposed to get a key card to let them get through that door.  It isn't just one of the steps to solving the mystery, but one of the tasks that the Strangerville Mystery Aspiration has as a requirement. Raised eyebrow If one of your Sims completes this task, even if your other Sim is with them, I don't think the game would count that as the other Sim having also acquired the key card and unlocked the door if another Sim already did it.  Thinking

But, you can always try it yourself.Standard smile  Just beware that it probably won't work! Wink

Message 2 of 3 (938 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@darkmaster861, I have some confirmation that you can go through the mystery with another Sim, but that the final task will not complete in your extra Sim's aspiration; it will only complete in the main Sim's aspiration! Frown But if you don't mind completing the aspiration for one of your Sims and just want to go through the mystery together for storytelling purposes, you can certainly do that! 

Update:  Adding that 

Spoiler
you can always revive the Mother to play out the Mystery for the Sim who couldn't complete their Aspiration. Wink

Message 3 of 3 (913 Views)