Strange "Death" Music Playing at Random

by burin077

Original Post

Strange "Death" Music Playing at Random

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I can't really report this as a bug, since I don't know exactly what's going on. For some reason, I have been hearing a strange dirge playing randomly that sounds as if a Sim was dying or something; I get no notifications or alerts as to what's happening, and I don't really see anything happening on the lot or neighborhood anywhere indicating something did happen. It's like a small dirge that plays for 4 seconds, kind of like the little playful tune that plays when your Sim passes out from lack of Energy. (Only difference is that it's fully audible, as opposed to the tune centralizing around your Sim.)

Has anyone else been getting something like this, and has any idea what it is? At first I thought it might be the Tragic Clown or something, but no indication of him anywhere. This issue started popping up after the 11/12 patch.

- B

Message 1 of 15 (3,186 Views)

Re: Strange "Death" Music Playing at Random

Champion

@burin077, do you happen to be playing with any pets? Thinking  I get a very dirge-like short song played anytime a dog or cat is very tired and goes to sleep.  DogCat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 15 (3,152 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Unfortunately it's a lot with no pets on it; I thought that might be the case too, but it's been happening on a few lots with no warning.

I think I recall the small dirge you're talking about with pets; I recall one of my lots with a cat doing that frequently; I don't think it's the same dirge. The dirge I hear sounds almost like something I would hear from Selvadorado or something; it's like a dirge with a guitar.

- B

Message 3 of 15 (3,138 Views)

Champion

@burin077, Very interesting! Raised eyebrow I haven't noticed anything like that in my game so far, but I will be on the lookout for it!  Wink  Do any of your lots have any Selvadorado items on it, like perhaps a treasure chest or a relic?  Wondering

Message 4 of 15 (3,123 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I haven't noticed any Selvadorado items on the Sims this has been occurring with, honestly. I haven't been able to replicate it accurately (As in, I can't force it to happen) but it seems to happen around 6:00 PM in-game time when it does happen. Not sure if that rings a bell about anything.

I'll try and see if I can replicate it more accurately, but I'm not sure what I'd be looking for, for it to happen. If anyone has experienced anything similar to this, where a weird dirge plays in the evening, let me know.

- B

Message 5 of 15 (3,106 Views)

Champion

@burin077, thanks for giving the time to look for it!  I will keep an ear open! Wink  Now you have got me very curious about it! Large smile

Message 6 of 15 (3,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@burin077 
@PugLove888 

Some things I thought of while playing today.
Spooky Stuff Pack: Radio station plays Spooky music that includes odd sounds.
Get Famous:  There is a short tone like sound that plays with changes in reputation status.
Seasons: There is a sound when Patchy "comes alive" to tend gardens and another when he returns to his scarecrow post.
Around 6pm is when Patchy would be returning to his post.
Base game: There is a "Mood Sting" that sounds when Sims change emotions.
Might the sound you are hearing be related to one of those?

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 7 of 15 (3,092 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I haven't had any of those scenarios come up recently, but something did come up as a possibility; I haven't yet encountered it yet myself, but perhaps someone else has?

I noticed the dirge just play when my Sim finished his college courses; he got all A+'s, but normally a more upbeat tune plays when you pass your classes. Does a bad tune play when you fail all your classes, by chance?

I'm wondering if that's the tune I'm hearing.

- B

Message 8 of 15 (3,072 Views)

Champion

@burin077  and @EuphorialQueen , I failed a class because I couldn't turn in my presentation over the weekend (or at least Sunday evening when I finished it) Couldn't turn it in until Monday at 8 am but I had class then and couldn't give the presentation which is separate … so it failed me!!! Angry  I think sad music did play at that time, but I can't be sure.Wondering  But it sounds like this could be your mystery music!   I think perhaps B- can be considered bad if the Sim is ambitious or for other circumstances depending on the Sim. Thinking  Or else the music is just messed up! Large smile

Message 9 of 15 (3,060 Views)

Champion

@burin077and @EuphorialQueen , I just got a C in one of my classes (forgot that I started the semester on Monday with that Sim, and so wasn't prepared when the semester ended at 6:00 on Friday! Shocked I hadn't written the term paper yet! Oops)  I heard really sad guitar music for this when my grades popped up (even though my other class was an A+).  So, if your Sims are in college when you hear this music, I think this is what is causing it.Thinking  I don't remember what music plays when you get all A's, though. Wondering

Message 10 of 15 (3,022 Views)