Re: Strange "Death" Music Playing at Random

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

Sad guitar music that sounds almost like a funeral dirge? That's the string I'm hearing, however it's not happening during a failed class; it's happening unannounced in the evening, even when Sims aren't in college. It doesn't seem consistent either, like it just happens on some nights and not others.

The "good grades" tune isn't a guitar tune at all; it's an upbeat little tune.

- B

Message 11 of 15 (452 Views)

Champion

@burin077, my tune was not upbeat! DisappointedLarge smile Sounded like a guitar too.  But it was only during the grad posting.  And I got a C in one of the classes.  There is a chance that the tune is bugged and plays even when you don't fail, or even at other times.  

However, if this happens a lot when you don't fail or at random times, then I don't think it is this, unless it is bugged. Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 15 (449 Views)

★ Guide

I just got the same random sound when I had my Brent Hecking encourage the dog Blue (borrowed from his owners) to mate with Rosie. I was like "what the heck?" It was my second attempt at breeding them and hopefully getting a puppy that I'm going to rename the breed to Shar-Pug. It's been a long time since I've heard that sound at all.

Message 13 of 15 (384 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think I know what sound this is since I have been trying to figure this sound out for *years". It's not a mood notification, since there are plenty of YouTube videos about those (not to mention my two Sims aren't changing moods), and after reading this post -noticing that it happened to the OP every day at 6:00- I'm wondering if he was playing in the winter and that was when it was sunset. Because I've noticed in my current game, which is currently in summer, that short sad guitar (in solfege terms it would be Mi Mi Mi Re Mi Fa if that helps) occurs every night at 9:00. Which would be appropriate for summer -- at least where I'm from. I have searched, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. In fact, this post, which I just came across today, is the first time I've seen anybody mention it! I'm about to random Tweet at a SimGuru, but atm they've got bigger fires they're trying to put out...

Message 14 of 15 (263 Views)

Community Manager
Hi,

I'm closing this thread to prevent additional necroposting as it's quite old. Please feel free to create a new thread if there's not a current one matching the topic you'd like to discuss.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 15 of 15 (243 Views)