Re: Storing Music Tracks-clogging up Inventory!

by CGrant56

Original Post

Storing Music Tracks-clogging up Inventory!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

Anyone would know if there is anything to store all these music tracks produced by the media production table thing?  I tried the storage chest and it was a no.  >_< I produce the tracks and once they are released to said label contract, it now just sits in my inventory. 

I at times get ahead of the contract to make 2-3 songs so I have them lined up once the cool down is expired. After release, ALL the songs just sit in my inventory. I like I can see what I have released already and what I haven't yet for the in line pending release. 

I HATE how I have to scroll through SO MANY of these icons in order to find my guitar, my yoga mat, some food my sim was too lazy to throw away, or crying out loud a book.  Most items when place in inventories, storages, fridges etc...I could have three open windows to casually move items from one place to another.  Not the case with music tracks!  It's just gggrrrr..... 

Upon release, I would like to throw them in a storage thing, so its easier to track which ones I have yet to release and to slowly dwindle down my inventory so its not a thousand things to scroll through to find one thing of use....

Message 1 of 6 (1,460 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Half Disregard.

I found a box from Eco Friendly! Its called Sticker storage box that allows me to add the tracks into the box.  YAY!!!  I will have a random box in my laundry room (as thats the only ideal place as the Streaming room is filled with decor glaore.) but that is okay to make due.  

Ahem...You know when EA 'produces' fresh new instruments to live out the rocker in all of us....a CD stack or proper storage for recorded tracks would be amazing.  Wink I believe we all need to bang out our emotions in the form of music time to time...

Message 2 of 6 (1,451 Views)

Hero

@3Rosez 

Discover University has a storage chest that is perfect for storing things like the CDs.  The nice thing about them is that they don't share inventory with the other storage chests in the game and are perfect for keeping things separated.  I give one to each sim in the household so each sim has their own chest to store things in.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 6 (1,426 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@CGrant56 Where would I find this magical storage chest you speak of? What is the item called?  I have opened the game now and filtered it to see all items in Disocver University but I'm not finding a storage chest.  Oooh...Is it the ICYA-Chest that looks like a side table a bit?  Or is there something self to put in the inventory for each sim as you stated?

Message 4 of 6 (1,407 Views)

Hero

@3Rosez 

That's it.  The ICYA Chest.  And another thing nice about it is that you and even put the chest in a sim's personal inventory.  But there have been issues with things going missing if stuff is in the chest when you do that in certain circumstances.  So I pull everything out of it and put it in the sim's inventory then put the empty chest in when I am going to move a sim out of a household.  Then when I put them in the new household, I drop the chest and put the stuff back in.  That way, they get to keep their own stuff that they've collected over their life.

You can use them to keep all kinds of things separate too since each one has a separate inventory, unlike the other game chests.  Really makes things a lot easier.

Message 5 of 6 (1,384 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CGrant56 Thanks I was searching for the same thing 😊
Message 6 of 6 (1,126 Views)