Re: Stop sims from constantly talking to plants

by daikoyu

Original Post

Stop sims from constantly talking to plants

★★★ Newbie

I have a fairly sizeable garden and both my sims have level 7 gardening skill. What bugs me is that they constantly go and talk to plants without me prompting them to do so. I have autonomy enabled and prefer it that way but this action just comes up an excessive amount. It's basically their default action when I don't give them a specific one. Is there anyway to stop that? I'm almost at the point where I'm tempted to just get rid off all of my plants because it really disrupts my gameplay. 

Message 1 of 11 (2,250 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@nolavo93 
The good thing is talking to plants will help raise gardening skill.
It also solves the need for Social interactions.
The Loves the Outdoors trait may also contribute to this behavior.

Instead of getting rid of all the plants you could keep a selected assortment on the lot and put the rest in household inventory.
Or get rid of duplicate plants. Grafting is a great way to have a variety of harvestables with less plants.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 11 (2,205 Views)

★ Guide
@EuphorialQueen this is not a solution
Message 3 of 11 (1,591 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@nolavo93 

So, I don't know how to do it if you're on console, but you can forbid autonomous actions if you're on PC/Mac and willing to use mods. If you have MC Command Center, under MC Tuner, there's an option called "Autonomy Scan" and you can use it to tell your Sims what actions they're not allowed to do autonomously. I have all kinds of actions forbidden (children making messes, I'm looking at you).

Message 4 of 11 (1,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this since the toddler will not stop trying to talk to the plant and I can’t find it on autonomous actions anywhere it’s super frustrating.

Message 5 of 11 (1,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Bienchen has a mod for the talking with plants. I use her mod since forever. It doesn’t forbid the action but make it that you sims need at last have a gardening skill of level 9 or have skill level 5 + traits: insane, super green, thumb or loner. (I am don’t a fan of mods which toggle it actions off. I just want that it makes sense for sims which have such a behaviour)

You find the link for here mods here: > klick on childhoodphasetweak -> downloads -> Autonomy Mods -> Search: talktoplants

Message 6 of 11 (1,422 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @daikoyu please do not post links to third-party content such as mods on AHQ.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 11 (1,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

So https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/9836185#... is now a third-party link? I just simple explained a light way to find the mod, because her(83bienchen) website is there linked.

Message 8 of 11 (1,402 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry about that @daikoyu that link was directing me to a different page, must have been a caching issue on my end.

I was being redirected to an external site and when that happens we generally do not continue.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 11 (1,369 Views)

★★★ Guide

Im having the same problem. A single sim is essentially addicted to talking with the same plant about unbeleafable friendships. It already maxed out her gardening skill. I tried with the autonomy scan and bienchens mod but neither stops this behavior.

Message 10 of 11 (1,144 Views)