Re: Stop coming to my house just to use my computer!

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Stop coming to my house just to use my computer!

★ Novice

Hello,

When a sim visits your house then seems to only be visiting to play computer games I think at the very least your sim should find that inappropriate. If that npc is requiring "fun" then could they instead ask you to go for a jog, watch a movie with them, play cards, hit the hot tub etc? It feels impersonal that they make themselves at home in this way. I put away my computer when visitors come and it's annoying me. Thank you

Message 1 of 6 (510 Views)

Champion

@Yelhsaj87 Hmmm... good point. It would be nice if others could not use the computer in our homes. 🚫 💻

I have had cases where I put my computer(s) behind locked doors (a room/s that only the household/maid/butler can access). The times when I mainly wanted to do this were to stop Patchy the scarecrow from using the computer rather than doing his gardening! (I haven't noticed an issue with maids/butlers using the computer). 👀

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 6 (479 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Yelhsaj87 

Are you aware that not long ago an option to lock the computers for visitors was added to the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 6 (477 Views)

★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen 

Isn't the only answer to your question affirmative?  As in: Yes, I'm aware.  (Assuming reading comprehension.)  

That's cool.  I had not been aware prior to reading your post.  That's not actually something I found to be unworkable, so it's possible I may have never noticed, depending on decision matrix structure.  So, the population of Awares officially (+1). (:  Actually I had intended to suggest that exact thing as an easy (maybe, obvious) command for patch. 

I think it'd be funny to include a companion easter egg angry action that let jilted lovers with high programming skills dishonorably retaliate (Hack Password  or Hack Messages with cuckold thought bubbles and angsty animations etc).  Hehe.

Message 4 of 6 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I interpret this thread as a suggestion for a change of feature, posted in the Feedback section; not as an issue needing fixing by other players. I also think it is inappropriate to use other's computers, and find it a little at odds with other behaviours being considered inappropriate by the sims, like cooking and fixing appliances etc in households not the active one; and rather have it the other way around if not completely removed or perhaps based on relationship level instead. Maybe it's one of those sim jokes though, considering the integrity level players have vis-à-vis EA.

Message 5 of 6 (423 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@suzushka 

As you yourself wrote you were not aware before reading my posting there clearly were two possible answers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 6 (397 Views)