Re: Steam Copys For the Games We Allready Paid for?

by crinrict

Original Post

Steam Copys For the Games We Allready Paid for?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

deleted

Message 1 of 9 (799 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@trickey445 

You do realize that you do not have to play on Steam if you don't want to? If it is just that you want it available in the Steam Launcher click on Add non Steam game and add The Sims 4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (750 Views)

★★ Novice

no. i wana be able to buy the dlc on steam and own it there Orrigen is a POS

Message 3 of 9 (697 Views)

Hero
@trickey445 Even if you buy it on Steam, you'll still need Origin.

So there's really no reason to buy it on Steam if you have the Origin Version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (669 Views)

★★ Novice

no i want it on steam so i have at least some recourse if EA brork a DLC agen why cant u peeple understand that and not give me the runaround it will be less annoying to run it trew proton thern lutris or something

Message 5 of 9 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

( i use Linux )

besides im  sure EA needs the good will maby thay shod fix most of the bugs in TS4 ands its DLCS too and stop cutting as meny corners the amount of bugs in DLCs its a wonder why the games no playble

wile im here any idea how id deep clean my TS3 save with out the launcher? 

(it crashs on linux :c game runs well tho )

Message 6 of 9 (632 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict for some countries is cheaper buying on Steam rather than on Origin. I own the base game and some DLC on Origin. I would like to buy new DLC on Steam, since I have paid for the base game on Origin.
Message 7 of 9 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Pengamdir As I said many times before, there are reasons for wanting it on steam but a lot of people think they need to rebuy it just because it's out on steam now and that they wont' need Origin anymore.

Just saying: If you have close to no packs, it can be worth buying it on Steam again but you don't have to and you do still need Origin.

You also have to rebuy it as you can't transfer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (515 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict in the end this a decision of EA, but as a gamer If they open a new way to buy theirs game I want to be able complete my collection whatever I want.
When they stooped selling on Steam I had The Sims 3 there, but they give us the option to add our Steam games to Origin. In those days we were obligated to do so. Since then Origin is stalled, they don't have different prices for different markets, also they haven't added new payments method, and the only available are in dollars. In the other hand Steam has prices for every market, they know that some countries can't afford those prices and if they don't lower the prices the piracy will win, instead they have lowered the price and at least they earn something, instead of nothing. Also, they added new payment methods, including offline payments. I have a credit card, but I know that a lot of my friends or students doesn't.
If EA is wise they have to let us add at least our base game so we can buy the DLCs on Steam.
Message 9 of 9 (479 Views)