Start Planning Your Snowy Escape in The Sims™ 4!

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Re: Start Planning Your Snowy Escape in The Sims™ 4!

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I asked EA about removing the poster of a woman with perm hair in a tavern.

Retro posters represent an era in which Japanese women are freed from the old rule that they should not cut long black hair and can enjoy free hairstyles. I was wondering if the Sims 4 development team chose to remove it after considering the opinions and feelings of both Korea and Japan, so I asked. However, I received an email saying "Developers can't answer you personally".

I know you are looking forward to a new world, so I don't want to prolong this object deletion issue myself. However, we pay close attention to what decisions the Sims 4 development team will make in the future.

If a new world with the theme of another country is added in the future, I don't want you to experience the confusion that Japanese and Koreans are feeling today. I just want to enjoy The Sims 4. This sentence is written using a translation machine, so I'm sorry if there is any rude part about how to use English.

Message 31 of 51 (1,144 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm really excited about this pack. Love the visuals and since I've been in Japan myself I'm really excited about how well they did overall. In terms of items there are two things though, where I feel things were left out that should really have been in the pack. One of them is that they did include new beds but they are so western in style. Yes, many people in Japan do have western beds but at least it could have been something more along the lines of the city living ones. Even better would have been traditional futons. I honestly think those should have been a no-brainer, especially seeing as the town has a very traditional part. Also, futon beds would tie in so well with tiny living. Generally the notion of space and space-saving furniture are huge topics in Japan and another item I really feel would fit this perfectly are japanese soaking tubs with a smaller footprint than normal tubs (1 tile instead of 2). These come also combined with showers in Japan and are really common. Missed opportunities in my opinion and great objects that would tie in well in between packs. I do see that it is easier to just create a new visual and recycle all the animations but as someone pointed out on youbute, at least for the futon there already is an animation for sleeping bags that could have been used.

Message 32 of 51 (1,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I think it was very shameful how a pack that was meant to be inclusive to the Japanese community and EA insulted it instead overall EA has done what they always do when people complain cower in fear and remove for fear of loss of money. the community has been a mess for a while. then we are divided further and further every pack released it makes me sad. I do not feel entirely negative feelings but putting here that I am truly disappointed in the way things were handled.

Message 33 of 51 (1,099 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There's another thing that I miss now that I've seen the build buy overviews. And to be honest, it left me flabbergasted that it isn't included. There are so many tea-themed decorations but there is NO NEW TEA MAKER?! I mean honestly, you make a japanese themed world and don't include a matching tea maker? That is really a must, especially seeing as we only have a single (and ugly) version to date while we have a whopping 8 different coffee machines.. wow..

Message 34 of 51 (1,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So, there is an update on the situation. After a copy of the pack was handed out to many game changers, I watched their videos to see whether EA listened to us. The swatches were unfortunately not back but I noticed this on Plumbella's video (I will post a screenshot). There is a "Bow" interaction!

This has got me speculating on what SimGuruGraham actually meant when he said "we will not have sims bow in front of shrines". Maybe he didn't mean that the interaction was removed ENTIRELY from the game but rather that random (non-playable) sims won't bow autonomously. If that's the case, I'm personally fine with it. This is what we were asking afterall∙ that they make it optional for the player.

As for the swatches... I still believe they should be added back and I'm gonna keep trying to achieve that. Especially for the clothing patterns. Like I've said, it's not even a rising sun pattern! It could resemble anything from a Japanese fan to a firework. The poster in the bar DID resemble the rays of the flag and that's completely fine. The rising sun flag represents a lot more than just colonization and torture. It is still widely used in Japanese media without the nationalistic connotations. I understand that (some) Koreans have a problem with it and that's why I'm suggesting it gets censored for the Korean version of the game only.

I'm still really excited for this pack and I'm gonna be even happier when EA fixes the mess they made.

If you agree with me, please sign this petition (unless you already have), which BTW is going great (there are over 1.500 signatures 🥳)!

http://chng.it/gr2VvHqBYc

Message 35 of 51 (1,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I'm so excited! This looks wonderful! I'm especially looking forward to playing with the skiing and new home items - including the low table! And is that a pond Sims can swim in without 'getting creative' to build it?! Looking forward to finding out!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 36 of 51 (994 Views)

Champion

@cinnaluna , perhaps there was no new tea maker in this pack because the Japanese Tea Ceremony is more of a ritual than a quick fix for tea. Thinking  But I agree that it would be nice to have another tea maker in the game, perhaps with free DLC or another pack! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 37 of 51 (909 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888 I know. But tea ceremony aside, japanese tea sets are just to die for and noone does a tea ceremony in their everyday life in Japan either.. A normal Japan-inspired tea pot would have totally sufficed. But Japan without green tea is just unthinkable, so yes, I was really baffled when I saw there was actually no tea maker included. I just took it for a given.

Message 38 of 51 (888 Views)

Champion

@cinnaluna , yes this would have been the perfect opportunity , and I would love to see a tea pot  that is more Japanese inspired since Japanese artwork is so pretty.  😍😍
Well, at least we can make green tea in the old tea makers, so Japanese Sims don't have to do without it! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 39 of 51 (842 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

How can we play if the game keep crashing all the time on ps4.

Message 40 of 51 (732 Views)