Re: Start Planning Your Snowy Escape in The Sims™ 4!

by justme22

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@TrismagistosI did not try to put words in what you posted! I simply made an ASSUMPTION based on what you said ("A part of my family lived in Asia during that war and they also suffered the occupation in that region. I would like to state here that it is not only the 'Asian ethnicities' that suffered from the war in that region as you mention in your post.").

I DID answer your question, you just focused on an insignificant assumption I made and ignored everything else in my post! I'll paste it here but change it (this time focus on the last part):

"Now, bowing animations and traditional Japanese patterns are HARMLESS. Yes, they've been used in the past to oppress people but that doesn't mean they are inherently evil. They can stand by themselves as cultural symbols and religious practices without being attached to the horrid experiences the Japanese empire put people through in WW2. They are in no way comparable to the Nazi flag or even the Confederate flag because these symbols were meant to represent hate and racism, meanwhile shrine worship and the rising flag have a long history and many other positive meanings attached to them.
If a person looks at these symbols and thinks only about the bad part of their history, that is THEIR problem and something they'll have to deal with cause whether they like it or not, these symbols are an otherwise innocent part of Japanese culture. PTSD can be treated. And in their case it's not even PTSD, they are just frustrated the Japanese government hasn't apologized to victims (as they should apologize) and they take it out on a game!

To provide another example, imagine a Muslim girl from a conservative household who has been physically and emotionally abused by her family because she refuses to wear a hijab. She becomes an atheist, moves out of her family house and now demands the hijab and other muslim clothes be removed from CAS since they remind her of her painful past. Would you support her? Or would you accept to have an item in your game that causes so much pain and sorrow to another person?"

Message 21 of 51 (861 Views)

Champion
@nickbkcin So you have made an assumption. I was taught not to assume. Because it has the idea of prejudice and being biased!

My professor also taught me that gestures and words can seem harmless to one but very harmful to another. I hope will be able to understand that.
The Muslim girl is an individual situation and has according to my opinion not much to do with the as you called it 'atrocities' that were intentionally brought upon people.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 22 of 51 (858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Trismagistos"So you have made an assumption. I was taught not to assume. Because it has the idea of prejudice and being biased!" 🤦‍♂️
"My professor also taught me that gestures and words can seem harmless to one but very harmful to another." Which is why this pack should be censored for Korea ONLY and not the entire planet! It's "harmful" to some of them but harmless to everyone else.
The Muslim girl might be an individual situation but her pain is the same and probably even worse than the Koreans' pain since she lived through these traumatic experiences while for Koreans it's just "cultural trauma" (most people who lived through WW2 are dead). If you think the Koreans' pain is valid because they are a large group but the girl's not valid because she's one person, you are a hypocrite.

EDIT: Since this is a real world problem, we could assume that she is not the only one with such trauma. What would you say in that case (where there are many ex-Myslims demanding EA removes the clothing)?

Message 23 of 51 (845 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@nickbkcinI really feel sorry for the way you try to address me. I will not be convinced by the use of capitals nor by the use of diminutive emoticons or abbreviations. I try to address you with respect but it seems you will not return that favor.

The only thing that I can state in this case is, that I will agree not to agree with your points of view in this matter.

I am not offended by the fact that some elements were culled before the launch, and when and if you are, you should take it up with EA directly.

The fact that you are still trying to persuade me into your way of thinking looks to me a lot like a sort of religious fanaticism.

I have learned not to assume, and your last frase again, is an assumption. Which is fully yours! I wonder who this 'we' might be that you are referring to?

I will leave it at that, which in no means would suggest that I give in. I have noticed that the terms on which I would be able debate or discus with you are not on the same level of respect.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 24 of 51 (813 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Trismagistos "the use of diminutive emoticons or abbreviations" umm how old are you? Who gets offended by abbreviations and emojis?? You can't be serious.
"you should take it up with EA directly" We are trying.
"The fact that you are still trying to persuade me into your way of thinking looks to me a lot like a sort of religious fanaticism." Again: 🤦‍♂️. Since when did online conversation become religious indoctrination? We are just talking to each other and exchanging ideas and opinions. If you feel threatened by that, then you are simply not fit for debates.
"I have learned not to assume, and your last frase again, is an assumption. Which is fully yours! I wonder who this 'we' might be that you are referring to?" Again: 🤦‍♂️. Since when assuming things became bad?? How am I supposed to know everything about you? Based on what you said, I made an assumption and when you explained to me how you really felt, I never mentioned you getting offended by the pack again. And as for my second "assumption", it was a HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO (oh I forgot, capitals offend you).
Based on what you say, it seems like you are not spending much time on the internet (oh no, another assumption! how terrible!) or you are just 40+ cause everyone uses abbreviations and emojis. This conversation is going nowhere cause you keep focusing on insignificant details without actually addressing what I'm saying.
Message 25 of 51 (806 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'd like to see exactly how they "removed" the content -- it could be with regards to the bowing that it won't be done autonomously but is available as an interaction by clicking on the shrine (maybe an Honor interaction). I watched the trailer and saw that the bowing is still part of greeting other Sims so the animation is still there in some form. I feel like that would be the best compromise; anyone uncomfortable with bowing to a shrine can simply choose not to have their Sims do so. 

Message 26 of 51 (797 Views)

@nickbkcin

I think your initial post here https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Start-Planning-Your-Snowy-Escape-in-The-Sims-4... is a really well thought through, eloquent and sincere expression with really great examples to back up your argument, and that of a lot of other Sims players judging by various social media platforms and the official games forum.

I think the decision to remove these elements from the new pack, which I really think looks great overall, is setting a dangerous precedent for future content in the game. And changes that people will now start expecting if they see something that they don't like.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 27 of 51 (803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflorawell, thank you ❤. I actually first wrote this when I filed a fake "website harassment report" to EA Help (I wanted to get their attention). And they answered back!
They were like "We never intended to disrespect or hurt the feelings of our Japanese player or the Korean players." (yeah, sure..) and "Please accept my personal apology that these changes negatively affected you. You may however post your concern on our official forums or on social sites." so that's what I did. I pasted a part of it here and shared the petition.
Hopefully this will get EA's attention cause they also said "We were also getting the comment on several portals. So that after the discussion, our developer decided to take this step.", so, assuming they really care about what the community thinks and aren't just money-hungry, we might have a chance. Standard smile

Message 28 of 51 (770 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am looking forward it to, I just loved in Sims three how do you get on your own vacation home and build it the way you want with your own paintings and your own stuff in there. It just made vacations so much better instead of renting one. But I am still looking forward to it.

Message 29 of 51 (732 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna I won't be buying this, or any other packs, until EA acknowledges the existence of complaints from the Japanese Simmer community about the removal of bowing.
Message 30 of 51 (713 Views)