Re: Start Planning Your Snowy Escape in The Sims™ 4!

by snow_dog04

Original Post

Start Planning Your Snowy Escape in The Sims™ 4!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Pack your bags, Simmers—the new Expansion Pack is heading to the mountain!

Hope you have ski boots and cold-weather gear—The Sims™ 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack* is sending a chill through the air on November 13, 2020! We’re heading to the Japanese-inspired world of Mt. Komorebi, where high-energy snow sports and relaxing slow experiences present an array of new Lifestyles to choose from. See you at the top of the mountain, Simmers!

Get Some Air

Breathe in that fresh mountain air and start working on your Sim's rock climbing, skiing, and snowboarding skills. They'll want to level up if they ever intend to explore anything bigger than the easy practice courses. Once they’ve gotten the hang of it, take the gondola up to the bigger ski runs and the climbing routes to the peak. Even wipeouts look cool up there… probably. But when Sims get really good, show off with a light-up board and the chicest snow gear.

It’s not just for adults, either. Children can ski and snowboard on the less challenging trails while parents take their toddlers sledding! It’s snow fun for everyone.

Cool Down

If your Sim crashed a few too many times and they need to recover, lean into the slower parts of life in Mt. Komorebi. Hit up the the onsen bathhouse to soak your Sim’s problems (and injuries!) away. Is there anything better than watching the steam rise into the cold night above after a long day? We didn’t think so.

Even the hiking trails just outside of town offer something new every time. Explore bamboo forests, pause to reflect at the graveyard, or visit the mountain temple with friends to get the full experience. Do remember to dress appropriately, though—depending on where you are, it sure can get cold here!

Sims SNOWY ESCAPE.png

Build it Up

Rent one of the vacation lots or build your own home when you arrive in Mt. Komorebi! Find inspiration all around town for your next project, whatever it is. New features like shoji doors, tile roofs, and tatami mats lean into the Japanese inspiration behind the pack, and going forward, you can also start playing with customizable platforms! But that’s not all. Fill your home with both modern and traditional furniture options, and make sure to add a cozy kotatsu table for group meals like hot pot.

Outside, enjoy the harmony of this peaceful mountain environment. Add koi to your decorative fountains and start a rock garden under the shade of Japanese maple trees—whatever makes you happy!

So, what’s your snowy escape?

The Sims 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack arrives on November 13, 2020, at midnight in your region on Origin (for Mac and PC) and at 10 a.m. PT for Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4! Preorder it today to be first in line for the gondola!

Start planning your Mt. Komorebi dream life and connect with your fellow players on The Sims Forums; catch up with us on Twitter and Instagram; like us on Facebook; and subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can also sign up for The Sims 4 newsletter to get all the news as soon as it’s announced. We have a lot planned in the next few weeks as the launch date nears, and we want you to join us for all of it!

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 1 of 51 (2,889 Views)

Champion

Looks awesome! 😍 I love snow sports and Asian architecture!🎿🏔⛩❄ I'm so glad that children and toddlers can have fun too! 🥰 I can't wait!Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 51 (2,876 Views)

★★★ Pro

I agree do you think we will be able to live there if so that would be cool no pun intended.

Message 3 of 51 (2,874 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have some great idea's for some New expansion packs for The Sims 4. I Wish they would would add a Fashion Expansion Pack with Designing clothes , Dresses , fashion designing and Wedding Planning Careers. Also Add more animals like horses , goats , ducks , wolfs , and Being able to actually play the animals like how you play your own Sims. Also I think The Sims 4 could also add in like a theme park , Carnivals , and Roller-coaster rides. Also making a Career out of it where you can work at the Parks as well. I think these's great idea's would make The Sims 4 even funner
Message 4 of 51 (2,871 Views)

★★★★ Novice

whoohoo!  so excited, ive been waiting for a pack like this, to be able to build a vacation home instead of renting and the japanese theme is my fav!

Message 5 of 51 (2,851 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Kenziy 

You still can only own one home so you can not build a "vacation" home but a regular home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 51 (2,845 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Will we be able to build rental lots elsewhere?  I'd love to do that in Sulani.

Excited about a new pack for the first time since DU!

Also, there's a workaround for only being able to own one home, if you have Get To Work.  Add a cash register to a build, call it a retail store, and then buy it as a retail store.  You can visit any time, invite friends over, whatever.  It isn't necessary to ever actually open for business.

Message 7 of 51 (2,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Totally disappointing, I thought it would be more like Sims three, where they had the world where you could build vacation homes plus own ur own home. Totally disappointed, I was so happy after being so disappointed with this Star Wars pack! Worst pack  ever. Oh well, I shouldn’t be surprised I guess.

@jpkarlsen Ugh

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 8 of 51 (2,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Lanna  Winter wonderland! I 'm looking forward to it and I am eager to see the new possibilities and the Japanese orientation. I would love to build something like a shinto temple, according to the way of Kami. I pre ordered it right away. Can't wait for the 13th of November. 😊

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 9 of 51 (2,785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Rachelharris31 If you go to the preorder page, there's a blog post with a little more information.  And yes, you'll have the option to live there OR do a vacation rental!  One thing they haven't answered yet, is if we can build vacation rental lots elsewhere.  Something a lot of people wanted for Island Living, and I definitely would like to do that.

Message 10 of 51 (2,767 Views)