Star Wars? Seriously?

by Rae_Regenbogen

Original Post

Re: Star Wars? Seriously?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Rae_Regenbogen Yup, same. I got so excited when I got an email from a modder that they had to update their mods due to a patch yesterday. I was like *dare I hope??* And I did hope. It's almost like I can't help it. The bug I really want fixed is the DU one where Sims are failing despite doing all coursework. I got confirmation from a guru back in like early June, maybe even May that they were able to duplicate it and "are working on it". Again, I got excited, only to be disappointed yet again while reading yesterday's patch notes. The last few patches have been really small, and focused a lot on like clothing, terrain, and stuff builders will like. I also am not a builder. I'm sure everyone working remotely because of COVID is making things even worse, but...they already have a track record of just not fixing things. I play on a PC too, and I use a ton of mods (it honestly is the reason I'm still playing), and I can't even imagine how awful it must be to play on PS4. Their track record for you guys is like 1,000x worse!! Devil Did the GameChangers not give Star Wars good reviews? I haven't watched them yet. I'm not surprised if they didn't like it.

Message 41 of 56 (500 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I once joked that we console players are like the Victorian twin who gets locked in the attic and is only spoken of in whispers. I made that joke too long ago for it to still feel funny now. 

Message 42 of 56 (492 Views)

★★★ Pro

Is your game working or is it still crashing.

Message 43 of 56 (490 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I’ve been pretty sick and had to get tested for Covid today, so I’m just trying to recover and haven’t been able to play since the update. If I can make myself stay awake and sit upright for long enough, I’ll give it a whirl tonight. I’m not ready to feel angry just yet (how do I still have some hope that I will be pleasantly surprised??). Lol. However, like I wrote in an earlier comment, it’s not just the crashing that makes the game unplayable on console. We need the careers and aspirations and build objects and lots to be fixed. I’m hopeful that the “extra memory” will at least help with the actions cancelling and sims standing in place for hours though? I’ll let y’all know how it goes asap. 

Message 44 of 56 (484 Views)

★★★ Pro

I hope you feel better soon and it's nothing serious console definitely needs a lot of bug fixes definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope everything goes well.

Message 45 of 56 (476 Views)

★★★★ Guide

No, it didn’t help my game at all. In fact, it seems to have made it worse since it took a little under 20 minutes just to load. It has never taken that long in the past. It’s ridiculous. Sims in the household I play the most (4 sims) still couldn’t complete written work assignments, they still stood around for long periods, and they continuously cancelled tasks even with autonomy fully turned off. It also crashed the one time I came out of build mode. I played for about fifteen minutes, and I don’t have the patience to try again.
I’m angry again. They didn’t fix anything even if they said they did. This is why I hate playing now. I just get angry and upset because this game is trash. Very, VERY expensive trash. And the team doesn’t even address the gameplay problems. They just put out a letter about how they heard our feedback, and not once did they mention bug fixes. 
I cannot believe how angry I feel right now. 

Message 46 of 56 (414 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I really would like to play TS4 today, so I am angry again. 🍋 

Message 47 of 56 (374 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Rae_Regenbogen 

I hear ya.  The game is useless. Can't play it at all any more.  Youtubers who had channels 100% devoted to Sims content are now playing other games full time. Modders who used to patch the game all the time are gone now. Abandoning their mods. It's pointless to mod it if noone can even play.

I haven't even played the game in two months. The Sims 4 is WORTHLESS. It's impossible to play. This thing is taking up almost 60 gigs of my disk space.  Space a useless game shouldn't be wasting.

If the game goes another month with no relevant updates, I'm going to just uninstall it and say goodbye.

Message 48 of 56 (352 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@PsychotpsI’ve noticed that YT videos have gotten seriously spaced out or people have stopped uploading any LP’s and are mostly just building or complaining now. I imagine they’re just as annoyed as we are about all the bugs and how unplayable the game is, but WHY DON’T THEY TALK ABOUT THIS MORE? I just saw The English Simmer post a video about “how do we fix the game?” Well, Mollie, they need to LITERALLY fix the game. Also, WE can’t do anything. The Sims team has to do it. So, maybe take your game-changer status and talk about the bugs as much as you talk about how whims don’t work. It’s true that whims don’t work, but almost EVERYTHING doesn’t work.
Her video just made me angry at TS4 and EA and game changers and YES the Sims team, again. That seems to just be my constant state when I see or hear anything about this game I have spent OVER SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS on and can’t play. And, yes, I will keep stressing how much I have spent because it is ridiculous that I can’t play a game I have invested that much money into.
This concludes my morning Sims rant. Tune in later for another episode.
🍋

P.S. I love Mollie. I’m just angry at everyone related to TS4 right now.

k bye

Message 49 of 56 (333 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Rae_Regenbogen Yea, I've noticed that. Personally, I think they're getting sponsorship for providing Sims content and they don't want to lose it by reporting on the massive amount of bugs. They can't do Lets Plays any more because it's impossible to play without encountering hundreds of bugs and that would only showcase EA's faults, which they don't want to do or else lose their sponsorship.

So, the only thing they have left to do is build, because that doesn't have a lot of bugs... Yet.

You know what the most hilarious thing is? I was watching a twitch stream last night of someone actually playing. The game crashed on them THREE TIMES. They just gave up playing and went into a chatting mode. LOL!
Message 50 of 56 (317 Views)