Re: Star Wars? Seriously?

by Rae_Regenbogen

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

I have moved to different games, but just because I can do that it doesn’t invalidate my point that I should be able to play a game that I have spent over $600 on.

Message 31 of 56 (650 Views)

I'm a huge fan of Star Wars and I'm sure a ton of people will enjoy it but eh, I think certain bug fixes should have taken priority

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 32 of 56 (642 Views)

★★★ Guide

Honestly The Sims is the only game I play, and have ever played. And I'm not exaggerating. So please tell me if I'm wrong about this but...is there any other company out there that releases broken and/or unfinished products? Like for example, in the Moschino SP the fashion photographer career was broken right from the start. Eco-Living broke a lot of gardening things and that was a huge part of the pack. Mermaids didn't work for a lot of people in IL. In GTW they are still having problems with all 3 careers I think, at least with mine I'm still having the "only the criminal being on the lot" bug when I issue an APB. In DU people (including my Sims) are still failing out of uni even though they do all the required work! With every new product that comes out the pre-game patches cause sooo many bugs in pre-existing games. I'm just curious...would the people who make Skyrim ever put out a product like that? Or any of the sports games? I also don't know of any other game where there are so many updates, but I just feel kind of astonished that EA has been able to release really sub par games to consumers, with no consequences. It's just a mark of how much I love The Sims that I've continued to hand over my money to them (and then immediately regret it). I know it's not the developers' fault. They're basically numbers to the people in charge, they do what they're told, and are not given a choice as to what should come first: new product, or fixing game breaking bugs. At this point there are so many bugs that even if they created a team who solely focused on fixing them it would take them a very long time to get through the backlog. I think it's pretty ironic that there's a cowplant in this game, because EA clearly sees The Sims franchise as nothing but a cash cow. I'm going to name my cowplant "The Sims". It will be even more fitting when it dies.

Message 33 of 56 (581 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I’ve been playing video games since the Atari, and I have never had an experience like this before. The game was doing okay and chugging along without any major problems for me until the Island Living release. Since then, the bugs have piled up until it really is unplayable. I don’t understand what is happening. I know it’s an extremely large game, and I imagine the code is complicated af. I sometimes wonder if it’s just too big and they don’t even have the ability to fix it because there’s too much wrong with it. It seems like each “patch” might resolve a problem or two, but it creates another three. Maybe it’s like a hydra or something, and they just won’t let it go because it makes EA too much money.

Message 34 of 56 (575 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@vadish3825 

Well, sure there have been other games with bugs. None of them to this extent though... and none of them absolutely REFUSED to patch the bugs like EA does.

The only other game that MIGHT be similar was No Man's Sky.  They outright lied about what was to be included in the game. It was riddled with bugs and missing features they had promised.  It ended up getting the WORST rating in HISTORY a game had ever gotten. Players were requesting refunds in droves! That was years ago. Look at them now!  They spent the past YEARS releasing PATCH AFTER PATCH, TONS of free content and updates. They haven't charged a single penny for any additional releases or content.  Absolutely everything that was originally bugged and promised has been fixed and released.  They have completely redeemed themselves and it's now a decent game.  This is what a game company SHOULD be.

But EA?  EA is completely the opposite.  They HAD a good game. They are so only focused on making money and ignoring the players. They are completely ruining their game. They release a completely broken and useless pack, make you PAY for it, REFUSE to patch and fix it, and just start working on the next broken and useless pack for you to PAY FOR again. We need to STOP purchasing this broken junk.

It makes me wonder what rating their game would get now with all the tens of thousands of bugs and flaws?  Of course we have no way to tell since they OWN ORIGIN and they purposely left off the ability to give their games ratings. Having Origin show game ratings would reveal how horrible their game is now and detract from their SALES.

Message 35 of 56 (550 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Well, I let EA disappoint me again. I had some hope that today’s update would at least bring some important bug fixes along with a pack over half of us don’t want. Nope. They just fixed veeery surface issues.

”Your sims change shoes at work? WELL, NOW THEY’LL WEAR THE SAME SHOES. You can’t play your game? Hahahahaha! But we fixed the shoes! We’re giving our customers what they ask for!”
I really didn’t think I could be any more disappointed. Wrong again.

Message 36 of 56 (541 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Also, I watched some of the Game Changer reviews of this pack today, and if EA was hoping to draw in new, consistent players to buy their packs, they should have upped their game on this one. At least it will give new players an idea of how lackluster this franchise is lately. 

Message 37 of 56 (544 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Rae_Regenbogen Did today's patch help at all for PS4?

ps4 fix.JPG

I'm on PC so I have no way of knowing. I hope it helped a little bit at least?

Message 38 of 56 (538 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I’ll check it out and let you know. However, while my game does crash often, I’m not much of a builder. I can’t play because, among many other problems, the careers are broken, build items are broken, the lots are broken, and sims with three or more in a household just stand there without doing anything. They cancel their actions more than half the time and just stand there for hours. Or, even more frustrating (because it give me some hope at first) they’ll start an action only to cancel it halfway through and stand there. I only have 4 played houses in my entire game, so I don’t understand why it’s such a mess. I have another save that has one household, and it still bugs out too much to play. IDK. I’ll give it a try to see of it has helped, but playing just makes me angry lately. 

Message 39 of 56 (534 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Rae_Regenbogen I'm the same way. The majority of the game is completely unplayable. I am so fed up with it. If I do play it, it's only for a little while before I get so upset over all the bugs I encounter. I rarely play it at all any more. I've moved on to other games.

EA is useless.
The Sims is Broken.
It's not going to ever be fixed.
We should all just let The Sims die and move on to something else.
Message 40 of 56 (511 Views)