Stairs open to sky despite closed room and roof above it

by phoebepenny7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stairs open to sky despite closed room and roof above it

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have been having an issue lately with stairs and when I place them on two story lots, there tends to be no roof above it. This doesn't matter if there is a whole room AND roof above it that are completely closed. 

Attached are some of the images I have taken from within builds that show the open sky above the stairs. I'm unsure why this is happening and it means (as I have seasons installed) all sims are wearing outdoor clothes, indoors, or freezing to death because the house isn't closed off. Yet, the house IS closed off everywhere else, even the floor above. 

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Or if there IS a fix to this?

I removed all my mods and CC and this doesn't seem to be the issue. I'm unsure what it would be, if this isn't it.

Message 1 of 15 (2,189 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stairs open to sky despite closed room and roof above it

★★ Novice

I got a friend to test it out and his game does the same thing. If you have seasons, it will happen in every build that no matter what, your Sims, on cold days, will freeze to death inside without a thermostat to change the temperature. the stair glitch is something that is only the camera angle using the Sims 3 camera since the Sims 4 camera doesn't pan that way. 

so if you have Sims 4 seasons, this will be the reason. just add a thermostat to each build and you're good. Hope that helps!

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (2,046 Views)

All Replies

@phoebepenny7

Could you upload a build you are experiencing this with so I can download and test please?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 15 (2,128 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! Did you ever fix it? I'm having the same issue and it's killing my game :c

Message 3 of 15 (2,059 Views)

★★ Novice

I got a friend to test it out and his game does the same thing. If you have seasons, it will happen in every build that no matter what, your Sims, on cold days, will freeze to death inside without a thermostat to change the temperature. the stair glitch is something that is only the camera angle using the Sims 3 camera since the Sims 4 camera doesn't pan that way. 

so if you have Sims 4 seasons, this will be the reason. just add a thermostat to each build and you're good. Hope that helps!

Message 4 of 15 (2,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this issue. It seemingly appeared out of nowhere recently.

I do not have Seasons, so I can't try the thermostat fix.
I've tried everything that comes to mind, from a repair, to a completely fresh install without expansions or packs included.

Any help or ideas would be super appreciated!

Message 5 of 15 (1,937 Views)

Building reveals sky from the inside with ceiling.

★★★★ Novice

The first photo reveals the sky and the second photo shows that I have a ceiling and a second floor. I have no cc or mods installed. This is in build mode using the sims 3 camera mode. 

Message 6 of 15 (1,255 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I hope this gets fixed soon. I have a big gaping hole in my building on the first floor and it has two whole floors above it. 

Message 7 of 15 (1,290 Views)

@quanann91

Can you share your build so I can download and test in my game? Upload to the gallery and just mark it as “for testing” or similar.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 15 (1,283 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora wrote:
@quanann91

Can you share your build so I can download and test in my game? Upload to the gallery and just mark it as “for testing” or similar.

Yes I just did it. I named it For Testing

Message 9 of 15 (1,276 Views)

@quanann91 

Thanks! Just to be clear, when you refer to the first floor are you talking about the entrance floor or the floor above? I'm in the UK so the entrance floor is the ground floor and the first storey is the first floor.

I don't see anything wrong with your build?

07-29-22_10_14_49 AM.png

07-29-22_10_14_55 AM.png

07-29-22_10_14_49 AM.png

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 15 (1,259 Views)