Re: [Spoilers] Strangerville - Just ruined Erwin Priors life (oops)!

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Spoilers] Strangerville - Just ruined Erwin Priors life (oops)!

★★★★★ Novice

I'm halfway through Strangerville and am loving it!  I may have accidentally ruined Erwin Priors' life, though. 

Spoilers ahead:

I wanted someone to come with me, whilst I poked around the hastily abandoned lab.  I took Priors, as he was the only person I'd really started to trust in the town.  Also, it seemed like something I'd do in real life.  There's no way I'd go there alone - and it was his idea to go there.

We could only go so far without a key card and without the ability to hack the computers.  So, we both left.  

We went back to the trailer and listened to the Sargent I'd booked earlier.  I felt like I'd made my own Scooby-Do or Stranger Things style team.

The next day, I went back and hacked the computers.  I called Erwin in advance, but he was asleep.  I got enough information to make the dossier.  Then I met Erwin at his stall.

Erwin gave me the key card and I returned with him.  Again, it was his idea to go there.  We opened the door and went into the  basement.

But - oh no!!  They both inhaled the contaminated spores and passed out!  Suddenly, they were both acting crazed and possessed.  My Sim eventually snapped out of it.  But Erwin didn't!

I'm eager to complete the adventure and solve the mystery.  I'm now befriending a scientist, as Erwin isn't much help anymore.

Sorry I ruined your life, buddy!  Oh and sorry for bugging you early on.  I wasn't sure if you were a double agent, but you're not.  I think...

Message 1 of 8 (829 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@HolidayNowPlease To the right ot the 'B' (bold, etc.) selectors in the window you type into for your message you will se the yellow round icon. That is the spoiler tag. (To the left of the emojis.) :eahigh_file:

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (775 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@HolidayNowPlease I wouldn't worry about Erwin... I found him to be super flaky.

Spoiler
In my first attempt at ... um.... finishing the challenge... I took him in my posse. Um... when things got tough, he ran away. Deserted me. Needless to say, I was not happy with him. I went back and made a different posse and got down to business. Took him along as backup, but he was no help and super flaky. So... no worries about the lab exposure. They will recover from that. 

He is flakey because he, well, is. He is paranoid and a conspiracy sim, and I found him to have a tendency to run off... 

Spoiler
Even when I gave him the serum to make him immune.

Even so, I was friends with him. My friend did use him successfully and well on her posse, though. Have fun!

Message 2 of 8 (815 Views)

Champion

@HolidayNowPlease, the friend @SheriGR spoke of is me!  Edwin was an important member of my posse!

Spoiler
He fought valiantly in the final battle in my game! Heart

I think @SheriGR is correct in that his paranoid personality trait makes him vulnerable to fleeing.  He must have had the paranoid moodlet triggered in her game, but not in mine. However, most paranoid Sims prefer to being underground when the paranoid  moodlet comes up so it might depend if you get him down to the basement whether he sticks with the posse or not.Wink  But he is not essential to you mission, so don't worry about being able to finish .Wink  Also don't worry about his well being. He will be just fine! Standard smile

Spoiler
Sims who are infected/possessed by the spores aren't really harmed .  They just have a condition they have to live with for a few hours each night, but they won't die from it and while they can pass the infection on to others under certain conditions, nobody is really harmed from it! Angel  In fact, you might find it a bit helpful to infect you Sim in order to solve the mystery, but that isn't required either. Raised eyebrowLarge smile I finished the mystery the first time un-infected, but was infected for the second time just to see the difference. :eahigh_file:

I hope you enjoy solving the mystery and saving Strangerville! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 8 (794 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks guys!  How do I mark text as spoiler on here, do that I can tell you what happened?

Message 4 of 8 (780 Views)

Champion

@HolidayNowPlease To the right ot the 'B' (bold, etc.) selectors in the window you type into for your message you will se the yellow round icon. That is the spoiler tag. (To the left of the emojis.) :eahigh_file:

Message 5 of 8 (776 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you.  Here's how it went down:

Spoiler
I had to go to and thro a little.  I didn't release I needed to make multiple experimental vaccines and multiple final vaccines.  If I'm honest, this got quite annoying. 

I also made a secret club called Solis Radius Aliquis (meaning A Ray of Sunshine, in reference to the storms).  I used it to keep the group of allies together.  I'd put bugs on my allies and listened in  to make sure they were genuine.  Erwin seemed scared of the army and Annabeth recalled being expiremented on at the lab.  I sort of hoped Erwin would secretly by a villain, but he checked out.

Erwin joined my final team, as did a scientist called Annabeth Bertand (randomly generated Sim, I guess).  I vaccinated another sim called Beckham, who refused to help me and is now my Sim's nemesis lol.  Large smile  I'll get my own back later.

Another Sim did join my army but promptly ran away soon as we arrived.  On regrouping, the four of us quickly went downstairs and started the battle.

It went really well to start with, until Annabeth was overcome by possessed sims and passed out.  I ordered another ally to revive her, but the third ally disappeared somewhere, leaving me one on one with the Mother plant.  There was a photo finish but I only just overpowered the Mother, as my Sim was about to die.  Happily, the day was saved!

The group all went down to 8 Bells to celebrate.  And played table football.  Erwin seemed to stand on his own, so I tried to include him in festivities.  Beckham wasn't there, happily.  I'm now contemplating how to get my own  back.  Suggestions welcomed 
Message 6 of 8 (753 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@HolidayNowPlease Congratulations!!!! :eahigh_file: I'm so glad you solved the mystery and had fun! And Erwin even came through! Yay! Standard smile Screenshot of my victory scene:

Spoiler
My victory scene. My one and only  'big boss' battle! I was so intimidated, as even though I have 'simmed' since Sims 1 I have never done other games with such a thing as a battle. I didn't think I could do it. My posse was my 'Sheri' sim (foreground - photographer, painter), her hubby (across the hole from her - space ranger), their grand-daughter, daughter-in-law (Scientist) and their son (the champion on the platform - military, x-space ranger). I moved them all into a home in Strangerville. Daughter-in-law is a top level scientist and I had her make and upgrade a cloning machine that they kept in the basement. I used it to make a bunch of serums once they created one. If you do it again I have a room with the cloning machine and a room with 5-6 serums in the gallery under SheriGR. :eahigh_file: 

Screen-Shot-fight-2.jpg

Message 7 of 8 (748 Views)

Champion

@HolidayNowPlease, so glad you saved Strangerville! :eahigh_file:  And glad to see that Edwin didn't desert you! Wink  Thanks for the retell! Angel

Spoiler
My first time defeating the Mother was done with a character I made named Sherry Holmes (In honor of Sherlock Holmes).  Her husband and two children were not part of her posse.  I didn't think to make a Club for the posse -- what a fantastic idea! :ealight_bulk::eahigh_file: The first time my Sim attempted the battle, I didn't realize I could click on my posse to do actions, so we lost.  The second time we were successful! Angel Here are some pictures:

My Sim investigating:
02-27-19_11-19-54 PM.png

Victory!!! Edwin is at the bottom of the picture.  You can see his confetti! 
03-05-19_5-05-06 AM.png

I wanted my posse to be composed of one Conspiracy Theorist (Edwin) , one Military Sim, and one Scientists for a well rounded posse! Party hat  I need to have my Sim go back and investigate or reset the settings of the level of infection, if only to see what all the options are when clicking on the defeated Mother.  Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 8 (729 Views)