Re: Splitting up household in sims 4?!

by rumbutter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Splitting up household in sims 4?!

★★ Apprentice

I decided to finally write my own "post" because i still can not find a way to move out one sim from a household. My current household has 4 sims, two elders, one young adult and one teen. What i would like to do is move out the young adult and play with just her as a household (without deleting the other member entirely)

I see lots of people saying to go to the manage household option, and that they were just able to do it from there. Ive looked and tried dozens of times and i see no option to just split them up. I see the "transfer to another household" option but all i would like to do is to move her out on her own..

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 1 of 30 (426,049 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

ok this may sound compilated but it's not really

1 if your in a game already then open the three dots-option manage worlds then select your household go to the three dots there manage household

2 select your household in the window that pops open another window pops open

3 select the arrows icon  click on that another window pops open to select  sim to split and merge you'll need to select a houshold in the right panel to move your sim to ( if you don't see  a houshold in the right panel click on the tiny down arrow to open the household to select )

4 select the sim you want to move in the left panel then click on the arrow to move him/her to the right panel tick accept and that sim is moved

5 Then  select the house you moved your sim to and evict the other sims out but this time select  the not in world select the other sims to that panel

then close on the x or hit escape button which will be map view and selct your sim you want to play will be in their own home to play with

thats the way i figured it  there may be another way i don't know of yet

View in thread

Message 3 of 30 (459,734 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Do exactly what you were doing but press the "+" to make your sim into their own household

Message 2 of 30 (425,690 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

ok this may sound compilated but it's not really

1 if your in a game already then open the three dots-option manage worlds then select your household go to the three dots there manage household

2 select your household in the window that pops open another window pops open

3 select the arrows icon  click on that another window pops open to select  sim to split and merge you'll need to select a houshold in the right panel to move your sim to ( if you don't see  a houshold in the right panel click on the tiny down arrow to open the household to select )

4 select the sim you want to move in the left panel then click on the arrow to move him/her to the right panel tick accept and that sim is moved

5 Then  select the house you moved your sim to and evict the other sims out but this time select  the not in world select the other sims to that panel

then close on the x or hit escape button which will be map view and selct your sim you want to play will be in their own home to play with

thats the way i figured it  there may be another way i don't know of yet

Message 3 of 30 (459,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Could u plz explain this step by step
Message 4 of 30 (422,537 Views)

Hero

Didn't Rum do that ? 

Well, here's a video: http://simsvip.com/2014/09/09/the-sims-4-tutorial-splitting-merging-households/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 30 (422,454 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Noooooo, where did all my money go?!?!
Message 6 of 30 (405,410 Views)

Hero

Not sure but you can just cheat it back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 30 (405,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It stays with the original part of the household.

Message 8 of 30 (401,827 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, what you do, is when you're in the manage households screen and it wants you to pick a household, there's an icon about all the household listing with a person and a +, it says, create a new household, you click that and it makes an empty household with 20k simoleons for you to split your sim from the family into the new household.

This is much easier than all the other options that you were given here.

Hope it helps anyone else with this problem. I'm sure you already have it solved though.

Message 9 of 30 (400,168 Views)

★★★ Novice
Why is it so complicated to move a sim out? Why can't it just be like in sims 3? Inconvenient. Hope EA will change it
Message 10 of 30 (396,916 Views)