Spire Apartments Build Mode Save Issue

by DarkFia14

Original Post

Re: Spire Apartments Build Mode Save Issue

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DarkFia14 I cannot guarantee what buggy-results may emerge in the tests as you re-add the Mods. I suppose if you want to be a bit more cautious you may want to try re-adding them into a different/new game save for testing purposes. If you test after adding each one you should then be able to ID which one(s) are causing the issue, then remove that Mod(s) and the cache file after you confirm which Mod(s) are causing the issue, then see if it has a new version before re-adding it. You could also contact the Mod(s) creator(s). If the Mod(s) causing the issue is removed plus the cache file is removed after the Mod is removed and you have any issue you could then run a game repair. A repair won't fix a buggy Mod, though, it will just check your game for missing stuff, etc.

Sorry, It can be a process. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 21 (1,479 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is almost the same exact problem I've just noticed, as I was remodeling some apartments, it is exactly 888 Spire, though my problem is slightly different, it won't let me save to gallery, but I can still save my game there or edit the apartment, in fact I was wanting to upload my version to the gallery, so imagine my surprise when it says something like 'cannot save this lot type'. I'm like what the heck, I had edited fountainview and uploaded a version to the gallery, so I'm not sure what kind of issue, if this is a bug or simply a saving issue. I have almost never run into this issue in editing anywhere from 20 to 40 houses, 3 apartments included. I am not running any modded material and to my knowledge said apartment was base game, meaning I had not downloaded any replacement from the gallery, I was just editing it 'as is'. It could just be something specific to this 'lot', in fact you cannot edit the apartment designation, but that's to be expected, however if I could edit it, it might be possible to fix it for saving, but then it wouldn't be an apartment I guess. I have no clue how to solve or repair this, aside from clicking on 'repair game', maybe there is a missing file or something. I mean, it's not like I can't play it, but not being able to save my lot to the gallery does kinda annoy me. I mentioned this as well on the forum, in case other simmers or players wanted to take notice of said issue. I thought I'd post on here as well, since it's something recent that has shown up., it could be possible that maybe a year ago I downloaded some house that had bad custom content or modded and maybe that kinda messed up my save (as I had other issues with saves, like Kava bowl and one or two other smaller issues, but to my knowledge the spire apartment has no custom content or is modded in any way, so this particular issue really confounds me). I'm not sure if it can be replicated, but the person of this original post seems to have had a very similar problem. I don't know if this is just limited to a small pool of players, but I think not enough people are editing the apartments to find out really.

Message 12 of 21 (1,429 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@sailornaru There is no 'apartment' save option for the library (local to your game) or gallery (publicly accessible). As far as I know you cannot save an entire apartment to the library (then to gallery) ...unless it's actually laid out - acknowledged by the game - as just one big room (no divider walls, etc.). I believe you have to save the apartment as individual rooms, then re-assemble them into the apartment in the new game save/lot/apartment building location. I have also made a screenshot top-down before for reference first. You may want to have the MOO cheat active while doing this to not delete things unintentionally when reassembling.

Message 13 of 21 (1,413 Views)

Hero
@sailornaru Moved this thread over to the new game issues forum

@SheriGR for awareness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 21 (1,391 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Here's the thing, both save to library option and individual rooms are both greyed out for me, like there's not even an option to save the room (s). I get what you're saying,and it might make sense to have to do each level 1,2 and 3 individually, but it won't let me save for either gallery or rooms, which is the weird thing. I think if I could, it still seems a little convoluted to have to go through so many steps to save one building essentially, it's like a house with 3 floors. Thanks for the tip about MOO, but that seems weird to have to do it that way but maybe I'll work around with it, but if it's greyed out, putting MOO on probably won't do much, but IDK, maybe something might work.
Message 15 of 21 (1,369 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Here you can see, maybe if the file extension will load, it's JPG, anyway, you can see the save galley is greyed. Here's the problem, you can't save this as one room for each floor, there's like 11 rooms I would have to save, just for this one apartment, that has 3 floors but each room is sectioned off, that's alot of uploading...11 rooms for one place, it really would just be alot of uploading but I finally see where the 'rooms' is not greyed out if I single click on a individual room, but man...it would be alot of uploading, so not sure that would be worth it maybe. Unlike fountainview that's just one single room, technically it had 3 rooms but it saved as one-room I think, but spire apartment is just not like this at all.

Message 16 of 21 (1,362 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@sailornaru

I just tried this in 888 Spire and this is what I see in my case...

1. First, with no room selection I see greyed out save options...
options with no selection.jpg

2. If I put the walls up and click the wall of a room, I will now see that the 'Save Room' option becomes active/available...

save room.jpg

(Note, however, the save lot/home option is still not available with this lot type...)
select room.jpg

3. If I choose to save this room to the library I can name it and save it to my library from the pop-up...
save to library.jpg

4. And it will then appear in my library:
Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 2.57.18 PM.png

In the screenshot you shared it appears that all you would need to do is step 3 & 4 above, once you have highlighted/selected the room. There is a bit more detail on this process at this link if needed.

Message 17 of 21 (1,361 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Thanks alot Sheri, this really helped, so I now know what I need to do to save this, but you have to admit it's alot of uploads lol, but yeah I'm glad there's sorta a way to work around it if saving it is important to me. Does that mean, well how would this work with other people downloading your rooms/apartment, um, would someone have to save all the rooms in order to get the 'spire' to look the way I finished it, if that makes sense?
Message 18 of 21 (1,352 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@sailornaru Yes, it is a rather cumbersome workaround. So yes, they would have to download and reassemble the rooms from the gallery, which would be difficult to orchestrate if you were sharing with others, particularly for such a large apartment.

Message 19 of 21 (1,340 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am still having this issue. Did EA ever reply about fixing this bug?? I wasted HOURS decorating it over and over again. Frown

Message 20 of 21 (1,077 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help