Re: Spellcaster not working

by simplydawn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spellcaster not working

★★★★ Novice

My spellcasters are not working. The NPC's  still work but played Spellcasters now show as normal Sims in the needs panel. I added a Sim that I thought was a spellcaster to my household. They showed as a normal Sim with a weak bloodline, but had no glimmer stone. I sent her to the magic realm to get the rite of ascension, but all the mages did not respond to her, she could ask the question, no response. I tried to edit her in cas with the cheat, no such luck. After her return to the normal realm, she did have a glimmer stone in her inventory, with the only choices available as destroy glimmer stone or add to favorites. I shut down the game and fixed it thru the Origin right click option in my game panel, when I restarted the game no change was indicated and the glitch remains. I added a Spellcaster from the Gallery to my game, he was no longer a spellcaster, so we traveled to the Magic realm, gathered the motes, turned them in... Nothing. No magic options available. I haven't found any other threads concerning this issue, I am reporting it but can't believe that I am the only one who is experiencing this issue. I do play with MCCC, but it's my only mod and is up to date.

Message 1 of 7 (1,500 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@Judilander . I'm terribly sorry about your game file being corrupted! 😭  That must be so disappointing! 😓
Thank you for updating us! 😇💗

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,435 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Judilander , the only thing I can thin of that might help is that although you stated your MCCC was up to date  , you didn't mention if you deleted the localthumbcache.package file from your game folder (found by going through your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder). Wondering  This localthumbcache.package file can often hold on to bits of corrupted data, so it is important to delete it especially when you get an updated Mod or CC item.  Raised eyebrow

If this doesn't help then you might consider filing a Bug Report.  I looked for existing bugs pertaining to this but couldn't find any, but perhaps there is a new one that hasn't been added to the compiled list yet. Here is the link: The Sims 4 | Forum | Bug Reports | EA Answers HQ

Please keep us updated! Angel

Message 2 of 7 (1,457 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for getting back to me so quick. I did what you suggested, and still have the problem, but did not have it in my other game ( my test game) so I believe my main game file is corrupted and will have to ditch my current save files and start again. I was pretty sure that it wasn’t a bug as nobody else was talking about it. Thanks again, have a great day.

Message 3 of 7 (1,445 Views)

Champion

@Judilander . I'm terribly sorry about your game file being corrupted! 😭  That must be so disappointing! 😓
Thank you for updating us! 😇💗

Message 4 of 7 (1,436 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i have the same problem & my sim has the ancient bloodline (she's Gemma Charm's daughter). she's even built up friendships with the sages. not sure if it makes a difference, but of the sages are new because the originals have died off. anyway, when she asks for the Rite of Ascension, nothing happens. I tried when she was a teen & also now as a young adult. I do have a few mods in my game. Going to take them out & see what happens.

Message 5 of 7 (1,386 Views)

Champion

@simplydawn , you can move your Mods folder to your desktop to test.  But don't forget to delete the localthumbcache.package file!!! That file can hold bits of corrupted data that can still make your game not work properly.  It is in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder. 

Message 6 of 7 (1,381 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m also having this problem after disabling my mods and deleting my thumb cache Frown

Message 7 of 7 (1,335 Views)