Specific Save Can't Graft / Stuck after Take Cutting / No Cutting Found

by JNarz19

Original Post

Specific Save Can't Graft / Stuck after Take Cutting / No Cutting Found

★ Apprentice

Hello,

I have a specific Save that I've been playing for a long time. One of my sims is about 3-4 skills away from maxing all (within the packs I have).

By the way:

Version: 1.63.134.1220

Packs I have: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Parenthood, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Perfect Patio, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Fitness, Toddler, Tiny Living. Most recent patches as of July 1st, 2020.

So with any plant, If I have a Sim with gardening level above 5 (more like 8/9) "take cutting" no cutting every appears in their inventory (despite searching new inventory style) and the plant quality still decreases as if a cutting was taken. When trying to click on any other plant, graft never appears.

I tried this on another save and grafting still works, and it still has working spliced plants.

What can I do? I can't seem to find directions to clear cache on a mac (Mojave) since my cache folder looks empty at all times even after I play. I cleared Origin cache and don't want to have to move this family as they have SO MANY collectibles all set up and I've already had to move them in and out for another bug.

Please help, I just want my sims to be able to make Plantains and such. Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (1,233 Views)

Re: Specific Save Can't Graft / Stuck after Take Cutting / No Cutting Found

@JNarz19

Moved to the GD forum for better gameplay help.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 7 (1,193 Views)

Champion

@JNarz19 

Following are directions to:

Do you have Mods or CC (or have you ever had them)? If you do please remove them in this process and try the troubleshooting as described below. (If you don't have Mods or CC, just skip the part about removing the Mods folder, but still delete the cache file mentioned and run the repair.) If you ever had Mods or CC in the past then do the steps as if you have them currently (removing the Mods folder), as there could be damage that has remained after you removed them.

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Please drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If it was Mods/CC: If this fixes the issue I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old Resource.cfg file from the old mods folder, as it’s possible for it to have become corrupted.

If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 7 (1,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@JNarz19 As a bit of additional information, I did recently test graphing (since the patch and Eco pack) for another thread which you may find interesting. I did find that the grafting worked for me, but there are a number of other current garden issues.

There is information about the current gardening issues in the thread. The results of my testing are in this comment in the thread (#33):
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-shrink-after-harvesting-Turns-into-harvestable/m-p...

Message 4 of 7 (1,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @JNarz19 - I'd like to test this, would like a bit more info though. Are you using any cc/mods? You mentioned plantains - are you taking the cutting from the lemon or pear tree? What season is it in the game where the graft isn't working? Are either of the plants sheltered? Edited to add: Are you gathering the cutting from a different lot and traveling home to graft, or are both plants on the same lot?

Sorry for the flurry of questions, just trying to be sure I replicate your situation. Standard smile I do know there was a bug that causes all cuttings to disappear after you graft onto one, and I have experienced this one myself. I'm not sure if it was fixed or not, but if you had more than one cutting try just doing one at a time.

Message 5 of 7 (1,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@BlackjackWidow Just to mention it, since this wasn't working for you (or was it @EuphorialQueen ?) a few months ago, that method of queueing up multiple splicings/gratings onto the new plant at before they begin did work for me in that test I did about a week or so ago that I linked to above (so after the patch and Eco pack). I took the two cuttings from the plants then queued up to graft both into the new plant and the Sim did do it, plus I did confirm that I saw the new shoot in the Sim's inventory. I believe also tested with a shoot previously in the Sim's inventory. 

Looking for that bug report you mentioned... I have not seen it or experienced it so I am interested in checking.

Edit:

I just went to a different lot - right across the street in the same save as the one I experimented with before. Their plants are in the house rather than a greenhouse, and all look normal so far. I took cuttings from a Chrysanthemum, Lily, Pear, and Lemon, all perfect, and the quality did not go down and the shoots all appear in the Sim's personal inventory. However, I took a cutting from both a perfect and a magnificent Bird of Paradise and the shoots did not appear in the Sim's personal inventory. I will play this household a bit longer and do a graft and see if I can get the bug to kick in where the plants go to a dirt pile.

Message 6 of 7 (1,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@BlackjackWidow @JNarz19 I have done additional testing with the following results, which may or may not be useful here:

I tested on another lot (right across the street from that lot/save in the test that I linked to and mentioned in my other comment). On this lot I did not see any of the plants reverting to a dirt pile or deleting.

I took cuttings from the following plants in this indoor home and found that all of these plants with the shoot showing up successfully in the Sim's personal inventory:
Dragonfruit, Plantain, Lemon, Pear, Pomegranate, Snowdrop, Chrysanthemum, Lily, Carrot, Sage, Bell Pepper, Blackberry, Strawberry, Grape, UFO, Growfruit, Money Fruit Tree, Cherry, Apple, Carrot, Potato, Spinach, Basil, Green Bean, Peas, Tomato, Begonia, Bluebell, Holly, Dahlia, Daisy, Rose, Orchid, Death Flower.

However, the Bird of Paradise shoot did not showing up in the sim's personal inventory. I tried on two perfect BOP plants and one magnificent BOP.

The grafting and re-growth behaved as normal (re-growth in a couple of Sim days) aside from the Bird of Paradise shoot not showing up in inventory, and the plant spliced into sage doing the weird 'tiny plant' with the tan area at the base thing:
Carrot grafted into Sage:
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.05.06 PM.png
The other plants that I grafted into grew as normal:
Lemon & Pear grafted into Pomegranate:
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.10.41 PM.png
Chrysanthemum & Lily grafted into Snowdrop:
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.11.15 PM.png

So.... bottom line is that my initial results must have been triggered by some other factors like the greenhouse involving plants in a sunken room planted directly into the ground or some other factor. In both cases/lots there were bee hives in the areas (the greenhouse and indoor room on the second lot).

Anyway, are there any common factors on your lot? (With or without flooring in the sheltered area, was the shoot that didn't show up from a Bird of Paradise plant, etc.)

Message 7 of 7 (1,044 Views)