Spark'd Challenge Upload Bug

by esimon504

Original Post

Spark'd Challenge Upload Bug

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I am currently competing in the Sims Spark'd challenge. I noticed a bug with the upload feature today. The official rules state that the entry period will be judged using the Pacific Time Zone, however the Sims gallery is not currently matching this time zone and honoring this rule. I am in the Central Standard Time Zone, which means I am two hours ahead of Pacific Time.

According to the rules, this means I had until 2AM Central Standard Time on August 2nd to submit my creation for the challenge. Even though I submitted in the specified time frame (before 2AM CST on August 2nd), unfortunately my submission showed that I uploaded a day late on August 3rd because the gallery was going by Central Standard Time instead of Pacific Time. I have concerns that my, and other players', entries will not be honored in the judging process due to this bug in the gallery.

The gallery should instead show a countdown timer that is honoring Pacific Time only for the duration of the contest, and stamp all entry dates according to this in-gallery countdown. This would ensure that players' entries are uniform, because with the current gallery setup, only players who live in the Pacific Time Zone are getting accurate upload dates. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get my upload marked with the correct time and date to still be considered for entry?

Thank you for your time and consideration!

Message 1 of 1 (178 Views)