Re: Social Event "listen to music" does not count dancing non-househol

by Kanelbullet

Original Post

Social Event "listen to music" does not count dancing non-household sims.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4, Sims 4 Holiday stuff, Get 2 work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a dinner party, and hope that "have a whole bunch of sims listen to the stereo" is a goal (May also work with a house party, but my most recent experience with this bug was with a dinner party). Get a whole load of Sims dancing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Watch as, like 5 sims start dancing, but only 2 out of the required 3(AKA my houshold) are considered "listening to the stereo".
What do you expect to see? Dancing to music counts as "listening to music", and allows me to ++ my dinner party meter
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Yeah don't have a screenshot. Sorry

Message 1 of 8 (1,349 Views)

Hero

@Warlord_of_cool  There is a separate option on the stereos for listening to music. The dance option has never counted for the listen to music task.  Some parties have a task to have 3 sims dance so they are two different tasks. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,329 Views)

Hero
@Warlord_of_cool Are you getting any lastexceptions as in this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Listen-to-stereo-together-interaction-broken/m-p/8...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (1,316 Views)

Hero
@Warlord_of_cool Are you getting any last exception files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't think so?

Message 5 of 8 (1,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Warlord_of_cool Check the documents folder if there's any files called lastexception.txt.

Does it work if you actually listen and not just dance ? I do think that's the main issue here. They're different interactions as @CGrant56 already pointed out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,166 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I usually click on the guests and choose "add to group" and make a group and then when I have a group, I can get the "listen to together"-option from the stereo. It feels somewhat like cheating though. You know, with dancing and eating you can invite the others without having a group so it feels like it's intended not to be a group.

Message 7 of 8 (1,164 Views)

Hero
@Warlord_of_cool Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,113 Views)