Re: Snowy Escape without Seasons, Sims freeze to death when sent jogging.

by loyabe

Original Post

Snowy Escape without Seasons, Sims freeze to death when sent jogging.

★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, all stuff packs except knitting and my first pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a Sim jogging while on the mountain, not so easy as Sim wants to jog in their house, Sim is on the 50-50 lot, made them jog here just past the onsen building, then sent them on a jog almost instantly get the freezing to death.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims freeze to death.
What do you expect to see? Sim to not freeze to death while jogging.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Added Snowy Escape and moved a sim there.

Message 1 of 10 (1,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@loyabe Tried this.
Disabled Seasons, loaded a really old save I haven't touched in years.

Sent my Sim on vacation in the mountain area and had the Sim jog .. no dying. He did get a bit chilly towards the end of his jog but that's all

What weather do you currently have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Windy and cold, just had to reload save to confirm, as have reloaded a few times.

Switched her lot to allow shoes and its just chilled moodlet and freezing to death warning now.

Message 3 of 10 (1,401 Views)

Hero
@loyabe Did you not add any heaters to your house ? Maybe they were already cold cause of no shoes when you sent them jogging ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,392 Views)

★ Pro

No heaters but did have a couple of fireplaces, had a few issues surviving day 1 with the freezing to death, so am only on day 2, did notice my Sim had a chilled moodlet at night, so will have to add some heaters into the rooms with out fireplaces.

Message 5 of 10 (1,388 Views)

Hero
@loyabe The SIm I tested didn't actually live there but it does look like the Sims living in the houses there needs some heating so I'm guessing it's possible they were already cold when going jogging and hence died.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,384 Views)

★ Pro

Even adding a heater to the bedroom and turning it to auto, sim still had the chiilled moodlet over night. Since she has the loves the outdoors trait, I tried the new tent. She's no longer cold and now saving me on utility bills.

Yes, I probably did miss my Sims moodlets earlier as I am now aware the fine moodlets cover it.

Message 7 of 10 (1,365 Views)

Hero
@loyabe So, are you ok if I move this to GD ? Maybe others can weigh in on the being chilled a lot in that hood as feedback.

Don't think we have a bug here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,357 Views)

★ Pro
Yes, it's fine. This world is very cold as to be expected. The new +1 or +2 fine moodlets just cover the +40 uncomfortable moodlets, will just need to pay more attention to them.
Message 9 of 10 (1,351 Views)

Champion
@loyabe Did you buy your sims the Waterproof trait in combination with the Cold Acclimation, Storm Chaser and may be also the Ice-proof trait?
These traits definitely will prevent your Sim from freezing. When your Sims also has the new 'Outdoorsy Lifestyle trait' it is guaranteed he or she will climb any mountain in every circumstance.
Just give it a try.
Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 10 of 10 (1,338 Views)