by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Snowy Escape - No action on slopes

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.

Steps:

How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and use a slope
What happens when the bug occurs? Grayed out options.  Action not possible text bubble.  Go skiing/snowboarding not working either.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to ski/snowboard -- haven't tried sledding yet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch + Expansion

Figured it out.... do not ski with familiars... lol

This specific sim is a Spellcaster.  I assumed it was possible Transportalate was causing the issue and disabled it, but am unable to ski/snowboard on slopes or use option Go Ski/Snowboard.

Items purchased currently:  Sulco Basic Snowboard & YetiScape SnowShock Skis [neither work]
Skill Level:  Snowboard 2, Skiing 0

Message 1 of 12 (7,058 Views)

Re: Snowy Escape - No action on slopes

★ Apprentice

Sadly, I highly doubt that they will fix this. Me and a bunch of people have had this horrible game crashing bug that came with eco lifestyle, there are 12 pages of this same bug being reported and yet all they did was send out a robot to say that they were “looking into it”.

Message 2 of 12 (6,740 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Im playing on the PS4 and snowboarding is no longer an option, my sims are level 9 and 7 and now they can't snowboard. 😑

Message 3 of 12 (6,709 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@wesnic87 

The error message says that you can not ski on the intermediate slope because you are not level 3 in skiing. Use the easy slope to ski until you become at least level 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 12 (6,699 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen If you read my comment it was concerning snowboarding not skiing. I was showing in my pictures that snowboarding is not even an option...
Message 5 of 12 (6,692 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you click the snowboard in your inventory do you then have the option to go snowboarding.?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 12 (6,688 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No it says there are no mountains around. Even while standing on one.

Message 7 of 12 (6,677 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@wesnic87 

Your SIM is not in the picture. Does he have a Familiar or a Drone active?

Message 8 of 12 (6,665 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen No he does not, nor any climbing equipment.
Message 9 of 12 (6,609 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@wesnic87 

I see you are on PS4 not PC. There is currently a bug with Console where you can not ski or snowboard. [OPEN] [XB/PS] [SE] Slopes not unlocking beyond easy - Answer HQ

Message 10 of 12 (6,588 Views)